Why become a member? ×

Marucszyk Sputnik 5a - Price Reduction to £1300
£1500
Glasgow

Vincewells

Selling a much loved and cared for bass. I can't justify having two I know some folk have ten, but I'm not one of them... I've just purchased an ACG bass custom made for me, otherwise I would not be selling the Sputnik, which I've played and loved playing for a good few years. 

Almost brand new La Bella Flatwounds included, Dunlop straplocks and Comfort Strap.

This has a great variety of sounds/tones with active/passive pull on the volume knob. 34" and a joy to play, recently set up with a nice low action and a great jazz vibe with the flatwounds. I believe the year of manufacturer was 2010. 

Build your own at:

https://www.public-peace.de/info/sputnik.html

I ran through my custom configuration at the above and it would cost £3,070 today. This is an ash body with maple burl top, ebony fretboard, bassculture pickups.

There's nothing at all wrong with the bass. Electronics are great, no damage to body or neck, truss rod is working as it should, though be warned it tightens the opposite way to most basses.

The tiny pin holes on the burl you can see in one image near the pickups are natural.

Happy to courier at buyers cost. I'll supply a hardcase for free and make sure it's packed well. Happy to let you try it out, if you're local to me (Glasgow). 

Gigged a few times, but with a civilised jazz band...🙄

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

Edited by Vincewells
  • Like 8

• Vincewells changed the title to Marucszyk Sputnik 5a - Price Reduction to £1300