Why become a member? ×

The very definition of "on-stage brawl"

Happy Jack

Jane's Addiction have apologised after they cancelled an upcoming show following an on-stage brawl in Boston.

On Friday night, the American band cut short their gig after frontman Perry Farrell threw a punch at guitarist David Navarro.

The world's gone mad, I tells ya ...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ahpook said:

They probably fell out before they got on stage as to whether to put Countdown or the Bowls on in the Green Room and it all got a bit personal :D

I know one of their road crew well, and he indicated - in confidence- that Navarro had hidden Farrell’s Werthers. Not the first time hence the handbags 

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

17 minutes ago, Beedster said:

I know one of their road crew well, and he indicated - in confidence- that Navarro had hidden Farrell’s Werthers. Not the first time hence the handbags 

So, *not* been caught stealing then?

• Haha 8

22 minutes ago, Japhet said:

Been there, done that. Singer and guitarist bitch slapping each other because their egos have collided (meanwhile bass player and drummer head to the bar for a swift pint).

Except in this case, the bass player put the singer in a headlock, gave him three quick bodyshots and then went and apologised to the crowd for the disruption! 

21 minutes ago, peteb said:

Except in this case, the bass player put the singer in a headlock, gave him three quick bodyshots and then went and apologised to the crowd for the disruption! 

More energetic than me then.

28 minutes ago, peteb said:

As bass player and lead singer this would put me in a awkward position 

• Haha 1

Farrell might not be on junk any more, but he’s a certified p!sshead. I’ve seen Jane’s a bunch of times, and he always comes out with a big bottle of wine, that’s usually all gone by the third or fourth song. You can tell - he’s in key for the first few tunes, then it gets wobblier and wobblier as the night goes on. 

His excuse of not being able to hear himself is 🔒🔒. He wears IEMs and could have had the person doing the sound turn him up. He’s just frustrated that his vocal chops aren’t nearly what they once were, and was taking it out on Navarro. 

Apparently they’ve only cancelled one more show in the wake of this - what are they going to do? They have another 14 dates to do. I’m guessing Dave’s going to quit and drop off the tour, they’ll bring in Josh Klinghoffer or Troy Van Leeuwen to finish the tour (they covered for Navarro while he was out with long COVID), then, after the tour, Jane’s will go back on the shelf.

Hoping Navarro and Avery get together once the dust has settled and write another Deconstruction album (fantastic but little-known project they did together right after Jane’s split up the first time).

Edited by Russ
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, peteb said:

I believe this is known as "managing upwards."

• Haha 1

The band says...

"Due to a continuing pattern of behavior and the mental health difficulties of our singer Perry Farrell, we have come to the conclusion that we have no choice but to discontinue the current US tour.

"Our concern for his personal health and safety as well as our own has left us no alternative. We hope that he will find the help he needs.

"We deeply regret that we are not able to come through for all our fans who have already bought tickets. We can see no solution that would either ensure a safe environment on stage or reliably allow us to deliver a great performance on a nightly basis.

"Our hearts are broken. Dave, Eric and Stephen".

• Sad 2