Why become a member? ×

FS: Retrovibe Davie504 Custom. 3.8kg. As New. £365.
£365
Chelmsford

MattW

I know I'm going to regret this but needs must as I have to raise some funds for a new PA.    I've had this for about 6 months having purchased it directly from David at Retrovibe.  My son has a 504 and it's brilliant, and I love stingray style basses, so when this came up I bought it on impulse.  Since then it's had very light home use only, as I've mainly been gigging 5 string.

Basically offers Musicman tones, with a jazz neck and 2 octaves.   Lightweight at only 3.8kg or 8.2lb.

The colour is amazing but hard to capture.  Trying to photograph it at home this evening under artificial lights hasn't really worked, so the first photo is the stock one from when I bought it. Will update with current photos when I can take some good ones, but it's as new.

£365 collected from Chelmsford or £385 posted at buyers risk.  I am also working for a Tour next month (Oct) and will be up and down most of the country at various times other than the South West (but will be in Cardiff), so happy to meet at a venue.

This is what David said about the bass:

When the Davie504/EVO basses were in production I kept this one back because I had always wanted to create a modified model with a white MM-pickup and tort pickguard. I finally managed to source the white pickups and so here she is – a unique Davie504/EVO with all chrome hardware in a gorgeous surf green. I also added the essential parallel/series switch which I felt had been a serious omission when the bass was in production.

Specification
Body: Red Cedar
Body Colour: Surf Green
Controls: Volume, 2 x Tone, series/parallel switch
Bridge: 4-string, high-mass, chrome BB404
Pickups: Retrovibe MM-style Alnico 12k (6k+6K)
Neck: Maple, bolt-on construction, D-profile
Fretboard: Maple with dots
Frets: 24
Scale length: 34 inches
Width at nut: 38mm
String spacing at bridge: 19mm

IMG_0815-scaled.jpeg

IMG_0820-scaled.thumb.jpeg.83d58575fa4824962cdc82ac5c369018.jpeg

Edited by MattW
  • Like 10

• MattW changed the title to FS: Retrovibe Davie504 Custom. 3.8kg. As New. £365.
  • 2 weeks later...