Why become a member? ×

Sansamp RB1

Badretep

Hi everyone, does anybody know of a Uk repairer of the above. I’ve emailed Sansamp in  America and the Uk importers and have had no replies. These units are nearly £400 now and mines only about 3 years old. 
Developed a hum and the tone controls don’t work even with the active switch engaged

many thanks

On 16/09/2024 at 10:28, Badretep said:

Hi everyone, does anybody know of a Uk repairer of the above. I’ve emailed Sansamp in  America and the Uk importers and have had no replies. These units are nearly £400 now and mines only about 3 years old. 
Developed a hum and the tone controls don’t work even with the active switch engaged

many thanks

Make sure that you are using the XLR or 1/4" SansAmp output. Make sure that you are not mistakenly using the 1/4" "uneffected" output. If the tone controls are still not working when the unit is active there must be an internal fault.

You can sometimes get a ground hum when connecting the unit to another grounded device like an amplifier. The best and safest way to deal with that is with an isolation transformer. Please contact our customer support for additional help. [email protected]

The UK distribution company I dealt with (Rocky Road) were useless.  All they were doing was moving boxes and had no idea what was actually in them.  If it's them you're dealing with, it's no wonder you haven't had a toot out of them.

When my GED rack unit lost its clank (see elsewhere here), I sent it to them for service/repair and they pretty much said that it's working because it's making noise.  They didn't have a clue what the unit was actually supposed to be emulating.

I think Andy @Wolverinebass also had issues with Rocky Road as well.

I think it's very telling that Rocky Road don't have a phone number listed on their website/socials isn't it?

Whilst this clown remains the UK distributor and continues to price gouge us I won't buy another Tech 21 product ever again. The Dug amp and XB driver both having an almost 100% mark up from the US price are prime examples. 

In case anyone doubts that, here we go.

Dug Amp - $1800 (£1300). £2500.

XB Driver - $500 (£380). £610.

The fact that servicing seems to be non existant does seem to take the biscuit.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Wolverinebass said:

I think it's very telling that Rocky Road don't have a phone number listed on their website/socials isn't it?

Whilst this clown remains the UK distributor and continues to price gouge us I won't buy another Tech 21 product ever again. The Dug amp and XB driver both having an almost 100% mark up from the US price are prime examples. 

In case anyone doubts that, here we go.

Dug Amp - $1800 (£1300). £2500.

XB Driver - $500 (£380). £610.

The fact that servicing seems to be non existant does seem to take the biscuit.

It's my intention to pick up and XB at some point, however it'll be off the back of my brother in law doing a US business trip.

• Like 1