Why become a member? ×

Thomann B Stock

martthebass

I've never had a B stock bass from them, but the B stock pedal I bought was near as dammit new.

They have an excellent returns policy and will cover the shipping cost; I've returned a few things.

But ... they use DHL Express and of the multiple 'drop off' points (All corner shop affairs) they list in my area, most of them no longer do DHL express (But are still on their website) and the collection from home failed 100% of the time for me.  I had to search and call and finally found a drop off that was still active.

Sam x

• Thanks 1

I got a B stock Squier Telecaster from Thomann the other week. The red Fender decal was still on the pickguard, as was the protective film. The only signs of use were on the back of the guitar, where it looked like someone’s jacket zip had left a couple of tiny marks. I didn’t even spot them until I’d had it for a couple of days. They’re so fine that they might well buff out, but in all honesty I’ll probably leave them. You don’t see them unless you look for them.

My Squier Jazz was also a B stock, but that was spotless, it looked box fresh. I guess it varies from instrument to instrument, but you can email them for details ahead of purchase, if I remember rightly?

**EDIT** 

I had to return a ukulele bass to Thomann the other week and it was really straightforward. They emailed me the returns shipping label to put on the box, and all I had to do was hand it over at the nearest post office. The refund was in my account 5 or 6 days later. I am in Europe though, I don’t know how easy it might be from the UK, if you’re based there?

Edited by meterman
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, SamIAm said:

I've never had a B stock bass from them, but the B stock pedal I bought was near as dammit new.

They have an excellent returns policy and will cover the shipping cost; I've returned a few things.

But ... they use DHL Express and of the multiple 'drop off' points (All corner shop affairs) they list in my area, most of them no longer do DHL express (But are still on their website) and the collection from home failed 100% of the time for me.  I had to search and call and finally found a drop off that was still active.

Sam x

Their B-Stock gear has the same guarantee as new stuff and I‘ve never had any issues with B-Stock equipment BUT… as SamIAm says, larger packages (basses/guitars etc.) are ostensibly delivered „to corner shop“ DHL outlets. I had terrible trouble locating a bass, when DHL insisted that it was delivered to one such outlet. The shop in question was tiny and they were quite clear that they simply couldn’t (and weren’t obliged to) take delivery of anything that big.

• Like 1

I bought an Ibanez acoustic parlour bass as B stock, it arrived with multiple small cosmetic issues (mainly sloppy application of stain, bleeding onto the binding etc) and the worst fret job I've ever seen on a bass making it impossible to play without buzzing. All their B stock items have been through an extra in-house QC processnand someone had signed off on mine so I guess that isn't worth the paper its written on.

Returns went ok but make sure your local drop off point can accept large items, mine didn't and eventually Thomann had to book a courier to my door. Customer service was good throughout.

• Like 1

On 16/09/2024 at 21:24, Nothingman said:

I got a 335 style Harley Benton guitar listed as B stock. Still can’t work out why it’s b-stock - ex demo maybe? 

Absolutely immaculate

Perhaps anything that has been sold and returned is automatically downgraded to B Stock status. 

It ensures that they needn't worry about checking out each returned item, and risk missing tiny blemishes that would result in further returns.

By flagging it up as B Stock, the buyer knows that there is a risk of potential damage,  and Thomann  thereby save staff time, at the cost of (say) a 20% discount on such items. 

• Like 3