Why become a member? ×

Fender Boxer Series Jazz Bass Special 1985 PJ-535 Medium Scale Black Japan MIJ
£625
Lancaster

ash

This is a lovely bass with a slim jazz style neck and a glossy black finish throughout. Pickups are at a slant - I suppose this is to accommodate full size pickups on a slightly downscaled body. They sound really punchy with a nice zing to the Jazz. All hardware is original - I did replace several grub screws on the bridge as they were very tall and were uncomfortable when palm muting (I have the originals and will include them). The E tuner has at some point been bent then straightened but functions okay. 

The bass has a 32” scale and is around 3.7kgs - very comfy for long gigs. It comes with a contemporary leatherette gigbag - possibly original to the bass. There are some minor marks and repaired damage at the bottom of the bass around the strap button. Finish damage that has been filled and touched up. It’s a bit rough but fortunately is in a place that’s not easily visible. Miraculously all the original knobs have retained their caps.

I bought it to try a medium scale and although I love the look and sound of it I find short scale basses comfier to play.

Possible trades against a Sterling shortscale Stingray (and cash my way) or American Mustang (plus cash your way). 

It has been set up with new Picatos 40-95 and plays really well. A rare Japanese vintage Fender. Final picture shows the difference in size to my old JV Squier Precision. 
Personal pickup preferred however I can post in the UK only for £25. 

IMG_8195.jpeg

IMG_8196.jpeg

IMG_8192.jpeg

IMG_8189.jpeg

IMG_8194.jpeg

IMG_8193.jpeg

IMG_8191.jpeg

IMG_8186.jpeg

IMG_8181.jpeg

IMG_8197.jpeg

IMG_7997.jpeg

• Like 14