Why become a member? ×

jazz bass with precision neck?

DDR

I know someone is asking this question the other way round...

I basically find the jazz neck uncomfortable, too small, strings too close... But I like the pickup config!

So makes sense to me that ther should be pickup configs with the P neck ...

Anyone know if there are? If so, what/where?

Thanks!

D

You can spec a Maruszczyk Elwood with a wider nut width. Someone was selling one on BC recently. I’m guessing it was a P profile neck, as on their Jake.

Probably cheaper to put a P neck on a Jazz, or make a bitsa.

Edited by Obrienp
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Beedster said:

I am of course inviting a load of flak by saying it, but I find that compared to a skinny neck, a nice a beefy Precision neck adds a little heft to the Jazz tone 👍

Okkkkkk!!!

As others have said it's easy enough to do with Fender / Squier as the necks are basically the same. I bought a Fender P neck to put on my old Squier J and it does fit but it has taken a lot of mucking around to get it to set up just right so it would.probablu be wiser to avoid the old.atyle.heel adjust truss rod if you are going that route. I love the result, though. Plays great and no.noticeable.increase in neck dive

• Like 1

I have two J bodied bass guitars, they both have the correct width (42mm) nuts as I also struggle with J necks.

I also have a very early non-export PJ555 Boxer from Japan, it turns out that the first ones used a P profile neck too which worked out well for me!

• Like 1