Why become a member? ×

FS: Geddy Lee Jazz Bass Status Graphite neck/Audere
£1150
Whitstable

Beedster

Bought for a project that it just wasn't quite right for, now replaced by a rather lovely EBMM USA SUB

I won't drivel on, you can see what it is and what it's about. Fender MIJ Geddy Lee body, DiMarzio PUPs, Audere Pre, Badass II, Status Jazz neck. Looks like it means business because it does mean business :) 

No pickguard in photos below because I don't do pickguards on Jazzes, but I have the original hanging around to go back on

Collection from Whitstable or meet up, ideally at a London mainline station please. I enjoy meeting fellow bassists and have had it 100% with couriers having a 1:4 problem rate over recent months. 

I won't split, sorry. No trades either I'm afraid. Two pics below, I'll take the neck off and do heel and pocket shots over the weekend

image.thumb.png.fa9bc4ebe62e85ce4ed7f6379d16ac57.png

Edited by Beedster
  • Like 12

2 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Chris,

What is the weight and more importantly the balance like on this one? 

Hey mate, I'll do some weighing and experimentation with balance tomorrow morning, I've had no problems with either but respect that expectations tend to vary on both 👍

• Beedster changed the title to FS: Geddy Lee Jazz Bass Status Graphite neck/Audere
1 hour ago, G-bitch said:

Oh man, I had a Geddy Lee jazz years ago and pondered the status neck option (sold it in a fit of GAS anyway), that is loverly, even if I'm not a none-more-black person. @ahpook is this a fender you could like?! 😉

That's all kinds of sek-say 😍

• Like 1

Pocket, have to say I seem to recall MIJ Geddy Lee pocket being a little more informative, I might be wrong, thoughts welcome? 

There's two rows of letters, the bottom clearly BL, hard to make out the top row

image.thumb.png.e7eb84e8ae45ae9a344efe12925c8444.png

Oh lordy!!!  That looks like it might be what I've been searching for for a while. Slight problem...I'm recovering from an ankle op a week & half ago and am non-weightbearing on it for another 5 weeks, so meet/collection would be difficult for a while 😢

Watching & hoping

• Like 1

On 21/09/2024 at 11:12, Beedster said:

Pocket, have to say I seem to recall MIJ Geddy Lee pocket being a little more informative, I might be wrong, thoughts welcome? 

There's two rows of letters, the bottom clearly BL, hard to make out the top row

image.thumb.png.e7eb84e8ae45ae9a344efe12925c8444.png

It's barely readable but it says JB-GL and BL. I don't think I have to explain why😄

It's a beauuuutiful bass. GLWTS!

• Thanks 1