Why become a member? ×

Hello!

DJS

Mid 50's rock 'n roller here, always GAS'n for things I don't have! I began my music journey in elementary school on the trombone. I was proficient in all forms of low brass. Slated to further my education in the performing arts until I met "that girl". 3-1/2 decades later, we're still madly in love and have three beautiful grandchildren to adore. 

Started on the electric bass in high school. I had a falling out with my musical mentor at age 19, and basically gave it up. 30 years later, he reached out to me to perform at his 30 year HS reunion. I obliged and have been jamming since.

My main bass is a 1982 Fender Precision Special my parents bought new. I also have a 5-string Sire, and a backup 4-string Fender Squire. I normally run through a Markbass 12" combo with 12" ext. cab. For the larger stages, a mid 80's Ampeg SVT (MTI era) and an 810E (2017). Most recently, I acquired a Kemper Profiler Player that I mount on top of a drawer in a 6U rack that houses my in-ear transmitter and wireless bass guitar receiver. I "associate" guitar patches to Songs in my BandHelper app, so all I have on stage is a wireless page turning foot pedal that loads the next song in the setlist - which tells the Kemper which patch to load. 

Came here because I'm interested in learning more about BFM cabs (and I see that he's active on the this site).

• Like 1