Why become a member? ×

Blu De Tiger. This girl is going to go far.

Mickyk

3 minutes ago, Dood said:

You know she's been fronting her own touring band for yonks, right? 

Could you provide some YouTube links that don't have 5 minutes of ads in front of them? I supposed that's the price for fame?

The only things I could find where I didn't run out of patience before the ads had finished were her and a drummer with some pre-recorded synth noises.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

What happens next will depend on what she wants to do. I can imagine that after being a TikTok/Instagram/YouTube star, joining a gigging band might be a bit of a come-down.

I was under the impression that she had recently been out on tour with her own band, playing arenas supporting Sabrina Carpenter. From looking on her Wikipedia page, it looks like she has already done a fair bit of touring. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BigRedX said:

Could you provide some YouTube links that don't have 5 minutes of ads in front of them? I supposed that's the price for fame?

The only things I could find where I didn't run out of patience before the ads had finished were her and a drummer with some pre-recorded synth noises.

Have you tried Brave browser, I find that useful to keep the ads at bay. 

Listened to both albums whilst on the dog walk this morning. There’s some nice stuff there.

I try to make a mental notes of triggers when I listen to something new, things that I hear that remind me of other things I like, not that it means much.
I’m not comparing, but I had Vulfpeck, Prince, Charlotte Hatherley and a couple of others in my head whilst listening.

In the rig run-down video she said she’s not a massive fan of effects and likes to hear the sound of her bass. Mmm, lots going on the albums.

Maybe she just meant live, which is quite possible.

After ‘All I Want Is Everything’ finished, iTunes auto selected Mallrat. Another artist I’ve never heard before. I like.

It's quite amusing that last week a poll was started asking the age of members, I suspect reading this thread would have achieved the same, we really are largely a bunch of out of touch old blokes aren't we 😃

• Like 1

I imagine we're just underwhelmed by the influx of Tik-Tokers, 'influencers' and other social media nobodies and prefer to find our bass heroes through their actual music giving us goosebumps etc?

Edited by cetera
  • Like 5

19 minutes ago, Dood said:

Have you tried Brave browser, I find that useful to keep the ads at bay. 

When I try and install it I get a message saying the disc image is corrupted. This is a download from Brave's own web site. Not exactly filling me full of confidence.

6 minutes ago, cetera said:

I imagine we're just underwhelmed by the influx of Tik-Tokers, 'influencers' and other social media nobodies and prefer to find our bass heroes through their actual music giving us goosebumps etc?

Yep, my Dad was likewise underwhelmed by longhairs and transistor radios and preferred to get his kicks from Lonnie Donegan LPs :)

No disrespect to my Dad BTW, but I never could bring myself to like Lonnie Donegan no matter how many listens

1 minute ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

No passive tone control and thrives in active mode, ironic given she prefers passive tones.…and under the pickguard 😮

Yeh, thats the video I meant, the screws don't quite go in - good old fender!

Having said that, that is a different bass to the one she has in the rig rundown, so maybe she prefers that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cetera said:

Translation: If he really loved that music then who are we to say otherwise.

Just joshing mate, but that was exactly my point, we each have our own terms of reference for life, those that my daughter's generation share are very different to those of many if not most of the contributors on Basschat, and I suspect that this thread demonstrates it. Blu is very much a member of the former and is speaking to that demographic, our points of reference - as Fender's PR and marketing depts are aware - are largely irrelevant in this context. 

And I wish I could have liked Lonnie Donnegan, just one song! 

• Like 1

Just now, Beedster said:

Oh come on...... "Does Your Chewing Gum Lose It's Flavour....", "My Old Man's A Dustman" etc?!?!? Gen Z would kill for tracks like that... ;)
(If they havent already sampled them and auto-tuned them to bu**ery.....?) 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Beedster said:

21 minutes ago, cetera said:

Oh come on...... "Does Your Chewing Gum Lose It's Flavour....", "My Old Man's A Dustman" etc?!?!? Gen Z would kill for tracks like that... ;)

12 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Actually heard that on the radio the other day. Brought back some memories.

OK, I'm going to give it a go 👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beedster said:

OK, I'm going to give it a go 👍

The album he did with re-recordings of his early hits, with guitarists and others who were influenced by him in their youth, is quite good. Rock Island Line with Rory Gallagher and Diggin’ My Potatoes with Brian May, stick in my mind.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Beedster said:

we really are largely a bunch of out of touch old blokes aren't we?

I realised this quite some time ago, when looking at the EBMM range of signature guitars, I had to look up the likes of St Vincent and James Valentine and I see that the range now has even more folks I’m not acquainted with. :(