Why become a member? ×

Blu De Tiger. This girl is going to go far.

Mickyk

3 minutes ago, ezbass said:

I realised this quite some time ago, when looking at the EBMM range of signature guitars, I had to look up the likes of St Vincent and James Valentine and I see that the range now has even more folks I’m not acquainted with. :( 

I think the point I've been trying to make all along is that we don't have to/shouldn't be d!cks about it.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, neepheid said:

I think the point I've been trying to make all along is that we don't have to/shouldn't be d!cks about it.

As ever, we are in accord.

TBH St Vincent’s music isn’t really my thing, but I can see why others like her stuff and she good taste in bass players. EB creating a signature guitar for her is smart marketing, as is any company creating a signature instrument for someone popular/contemporary, rather than someone from the old guard.

15 minutes ago, neepheid said:

I feel this thread - or this phase of this thread - has come to it's logical conclusion, final few lines of this seem relevant......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cetera said:

Oh come on...... "Does Your Chewing Gum Lose It's Flavour...."

I had no idea this was where HMHB pilfered it from but something about the way the Lonnie Donnegan title scanned when I saw it written down (having never heard it) made a light bulb go off.

The scamps.

Edited by Ruiner
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bleat said:

Going on how much this bit of bling costs, I can see most sales going to fat, bored 50+ year old blokes with a healthy amount of disposable income to waste.

I agree, but Fender haven't done this to sell the bass in question to players like Blu, they've done it to sustain their relevance with the demographic that aspire to be Blu. They don't care whether the bass sells by the 10s or by the thousands, but the fact that people are talking about Fender in the present tense, that some people new to Fender believe they are relevant, still others even that Fender understand them, that's where the mojo is for Fender 👍

• Like 4

4 hours ago, BigRedX said:

When I try and install it I get a message saying the disc image is corrupted. This is a download from Brave's own web site. Not exactly filling me full of confidence.

Try using Freetube.

3 hours ago, Bleat said:

Going on how much this bit of bling costs, I can see most sales going to fat, bored 50+ year old blokes with a healthy amount of disposable income to waste.

You’re talking about the entire membership of basschat there. Be fair ! Some of them like rickenbackers**

** the misguided ones who grew up seeing ploughs and shire horses obviously 🍿

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, tauzero said:

Nine pages in and nobody has commented on the horrible middy tone of her bass in the initial video.

It’s the bridge pickup solo’d. Probably doesn’t sound awesome on a mobile device, but it had some nice bite on my studio monitors. 

1 minute ago, Dood said:

It’s the bridge pickup solo’d. Probably doesn’t sound awesome on a mobile device, but it had some nice bite on my studio monitors. 

I had a double J-PUP at the bridge on a bass a few years back and never liked it, didn't have a lot of life, bit too close to the bridge I expect?

2 minutes ago, Beedster said:

I had a double J-PUP at the bridge on a bass a few years back and never liked it, didn't have a lot of life, bit too close to the bridge I expect?

My first bass was a Marlin Sidewinder! 80’s P/HB config, which, I believe pre-dated the Fender Deluxe that had the same. I read a rumour that the Marlin inspired the Jazz Bass Special too, but I’ve not looked in to it. Though, I think with the right HB, it certainly has a fatter tone than a standard single coil. There’s a few basses I have reviewed with downright weedy bridge pickups. 
I don’t tend to solo the bridge pickup in all honesty. Nice to have something useable if I need to.