Why become a member? ×

How can we find out if a member has changed username?

Beedster

Question

9 answers to this question

Well, obviously the name is just a display name, so the profile would have the same information on it, the same signature, same icon, the same everything else, the reputation points are tied to the account not the name.

But a feedback thread doesn't have any 'special' status, it is just a normal thread in a specific forum, the only thing that ties it to someone is that someone started a thead that said "Feedback for <display name>" in text, it is not tied to that user.

• Thanks 1

I noticed when looking at an old thread that somebody on my ignore list with their new username had their old username showing in the thread (in replies to their posts) but when a post by them was ignored, it showed their new username in the "Post by <newusername> has been ignored" message.

6 minutes ago, tauzero said:

I noticed when looking at an old thread that somebody on my ignore list with their new username had their old username showing in the thread (in replies to their posts) but when a post by them was ignored, it showed their new username in the "Post by <newusername> has been ignored" message.

I noticed that also, in his defence he has been equally rude to me under both usernames :)