Why become a member? ×

Chinese fretless neck on eBay

sunfish

Has anyone bought one of these Chinese fretless Jazz bass necks on eBay?

Is it at best a waste money, or a way for China to get your data?

The price is £89 compared to £250 for an Allparts one. So probably crap. 

Just wondering if anyone has bought one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/335400282452?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=ppw5fno0sqa&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=omsCAJrTS4y&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I bought one from ey guitar parts. Fretless maple. It was/is fine. Used it in my Police tribute

The dots are in the wrong place, they are in between the frets like a fretted bass, so I got my tech to add some more in the right place (in black, the original ones were white)

worth a punt I woud say

2 hours ago, police squad said:

I bought one from ey guitar parts. Fretless maple. It was/is fine. Used it in my Police tribute

The dots are in the wrong place, they are in between the frets like a fretted bass, so I got my tech to add some more in the right place (in black, the original ones were white)

worth a punt I woud say

As was mine, virtually no finish on the board making it unplayable with anything but low tension tapewounds. Also had slightly oversized headstock. I might have been unlucky of ocurse 👍

20 hours ago, Beedster said:

As was mine, virtually no finish on the board making it unplayable with anything but low tension tapewounds. Also had slightly oversized headstock. I might have been unlucky of ocurse 👍

difficult to know with this stuff, it was cheap, so I took a punt and it's ok. It has done quite a few gigs but is now retired and hanging on the wall

51 minutes ago, sunfish said:

Nice, but I'm a Jazz neck guy.😀

I was going to say you could have mine FOC but also a Precision neck, and to be honest, I suspect you'd probably not like it much either!