Why become a member? ×

Barefaced versus gr bass cabinets

Olivetti17

Hello all. 

Whilst chomping at the bit, to get myself some lighter bass cabs,by gr bass aerotec range, I'm now debating whether to look at the barefaced kit too. Both suppliers are similar prices but the barefaced stock seems easier to get hold of. I'm just checking on here if anyone has compared both brands, and what they think of the barefaced kit. I'm looking at selling my two vanderkleys 210mnts, so want something close to that power. I will email barefaced aswell, but looking for any reviews on here. 

Thanks

I don't know GR gear, but I've been a Barefaced user for the last 10 years. I started with 2 SC's and 2 Two10's and decided to go with the 112's. I now have an SC, a BB2 and an SM.

IME you need a good amp to get the best sound because these cabs put out what you put in. The cab won't save you from the sound of an average amp, but a good amp (I use Aguilar) will sound fantastic.

I believe you still get a 1 month trial period. Email BF. They are very good at matching their cabs to your requirements. 

I have video reviewed both the GB Cube 800 and a nice handful of Barefaced cabinets. I think all the reviews are in this playlist.  I hope they help! 

I have been road testing the Barefaced Big Twin 3 and have been very impressed with its big tone delivery. I'd really love to give the Big Baby 3 a spin too and, even beterr, for the system I am using, a powered option would be so cool! 

The Markbass MB58R range of cabs is worth a look. Similar weights to the Bareface and GRBass - kind for kind - and a bit cheaper. I have no idea what they sound like, but I'm presuming they'll have a more coloured tone compared to the more neutral sounding BF and GR offerings.

PS, a GR Active cab is on my wishlist.

Edited by Greg Edwards69
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Dood said:

I have video reviewed both the GB Cube 800 and a nice handful of Barefaced cabinets. I think all the reviews are in this playlist.  I hope they help! 

I have been road testing the Barefaced Big Twin 3 and have been very impressed with its big tone delivery. I'd really love to give the Big Baby 3 a spin too and, even beterr, for the system I am using, a powered option would be so cool! 

Thanks for the info, I'm leaning more toward the barefaced kit, as Alex knows his stuff.

5 hours ago, Obrienp said:

Sorry to muddy the waters further but if you are looking at these kind of cabs, I would recommend you check out LFSys as well. There are several threads and reviews on BC and @stevie might still be offering a discount to BCers. https://www.lfsys.co.uk/bassguitarproducts.

Damn, now I won't sleep tonight.

• Haha 1

Can't comment on Barefaced but I have a 500watt, 4 0hm, 2x8 GR Bass cab (the wooden version not the carbon ones) and it's ace. Easily pokey enough for pub gigs with my 500w GK. Lots of bottom. 

I'm a bit sad that I only take out my pair of 1x12 Bergs for bigger stages now - but not that sad at the end of the night 🙂