Why become a member? ×

Pedaltrain Nano hardcase, suggestions?

Sibob

Is anyone using an ‘off the shelf’ case for their PT Nano? I’m not looking for a full flight case, more like a photography style case.

PT do make a case for the Metro that they cite for the Nano plus extra space…but at £130 or so, that’s more than I want to spend. 

Cheers

Si

I use a Dewalt Tstak deep box because I put other stuff in there, but a smaller 16" box could work if you wanted to carry only the Nano .

I like that it remains upright and so everything inside stays more-or-less where you put it, rather than a briefcase-style box which changes orientation when you pick it up.

WhatsAppImage2024-09-24at10_24_49.thumb.jpeg.cd27f84223781df1fb4349303b65fc77.jpeg

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jrixn1 said:

I use a Dewalt Tstak deep box because I put other stuff in there, but a smaller 16" box could work if you wanted to carry only the Nano .

I like that it remains upright and so everything inside stays more-or-less where you put it, rather than a briefcase-style box which changes orientation when you pick it up.

WhatsAppImage2024-09-24at10_24_49.thumb.jpeg.cd27f84223781df1fb4349303b65fc77.jpeg

That’s pretty cool, but yeah, would be looking to only carry the Nano and a few cables perhaps. But Dewalt, cool, I’ll take a look in B&Q or something, thanks! 

Si

2 hours ago, mattpbass said:

Ooooooo, now we’re cooking with Fuzz!

Si

I watched for sale items on ebay/FB/whatever for a while and eventually something the exact size for my PT (don't remember the precise model) popped up.

More of a strategy than a recommendation for a particular item.

You can also get interior foam from such as Shadowfoam or Sealey to make things a snug fit.

I got this Meijia Peli style camera case from E-bay a while back.

It’s pick foam lined & fits my small pedalboard in, along with IEM’s & tablet bracket..

It’s all I need to take to small theatre gigs apart from my dual bass gigbag & stands.

IMG_0700.jpeg

IMG_0699.jpeg

IMG_0698.jpeg

• Like 1

I would have to double check the size but would something like this work for you? bought on here a couple of years ago but now surplus to requirements

https://www.digibroadcast.com/bags-cases-rain-covers-c67/petrol-pc004-pc-004-deca-dr-camera-bag-p4172

I cant remember exactly which one i've got but this is what it looks like, can check measurements if you think it would be any good. I think i only pad about 60 for it and i'd certainly sell for a bit less to get some space back!