Why become a member? ×

People are going mad for this?

ubit

Now I am well used to playing live and I will say well done for them not lip synching, but people are going mad and paying hundreds of pounds to watch this.

Legend?

Thoughts?

Edited by ubit

34 minutes ago, Supernaut said:

Regretting buying that ticket then? 😁

I wouldn't go if I was given a ticket.

I admit to quite liking some of their stuff back in the day, but they had their time and I certainly don't think they are legends.

Liam sings in a monotone style that grinds. I think he uses about three notes.

• Like 4

I’ve never been a big fan of Oasis, like a lot of their songs and similarly don’t like a lot of their songs. But there seems to be a point where LGs voice takes on a very middy/nasally tone. From what I understand he did have surgery some years back, maybe this is as a result.

But it’s no real difference to Axel in Guns N Roses or Vince Neil in Motley Crue, their best days are now behind them, LG joining the gang so to speak.

But I did think LGs band sounded great though, his singing itself wasn’t bad, just sadly the current tone of his voice I thought was none too pleasant.

• Like 1

He's good here too.

The style and tunes are obviously subjective but I love their album (big fan of John Squire) and was hoping for a second as Squire has a lot of it written already. 

Doubt that'll ever happen now thanks to all this Oasis malarkey 🙄

Shame, because Liam and John had put a great band together that was moving forwards. 

12 minutes ago, gjones said:

What....is....it....with....the ....anorak?

Yes, I've never got why people would like to dress up as if they are about to take a serious hike across the moors in inclement weather just to nip down to the shops or the pub...

Or appear on stage with a massively successful band.

• Haha 1

Yes, his voiced has changed. Not for the better, and around the time of the surgery as Lozz has mentioned. I was expecting worse but thought he sounded ok, considering. The band were great and the songs came across really well. I see Liam is the only one in the band who has not embraced in-ears (don't think Noel has too?). Surely his ears must be f..ked by now with those monitors blasting back at him!

2 hours ago, SumOne said:

It's like saying Bob Dylan, Kurt Cobain, Johnny Rotten, Kanye West, Britney Spears etc. can't sing. Sure, they can't sing like an Opera singer but that's not what they are doing. 

not forgetting Paul Weller and a fair proportion of the punk singers, maybe that's why I don't find Liam's vocals so annoying, being into punk, in fact I like them, they've got character, he doesn't sound like he's just won X factor, thankfully.

Edited by PaulWarning
  • Like 1

^^^

Yeah, exactly. I think singing something like 'Is it worth the aggravation, to find yourself a job when there's nothing worth working for' basically needs a punky/boozy/aggro/attitude/don't give a shit....sing-shout in the street after a few too many beers sort of delivery, which is what Liam does. Someone with a powerful pitch perfect operatic five octave range isn't gonna really deliver the same message/character.