Why become a member? ×

Building an amplifier. Class D.

NancyJohnson

On 29/09/2024 at 15:47, Beer of the Bass said:

It's this one, 600 watt version, plus the recommended power supply. I'm sure it'll be fine if/when I get around to doing something with it, but a succession of house moves and band changes disrupted what projects I'd been getting up to.

https://connexelectronic.com/product/irs2092-modular-amplifier/

I have three of the 500 watt powered amps. Cristi is very knowledgeable about the products although his relies were not always instant during Chinese Covid lockdowns. If the 500 is anything to go by you may need extra heat sinking. 

7 minutes ago, Chienmortbb said:

I have three of the 500 watt powered amps. Cristi is very knowledgeable about the products although his relies were not always instant during Chinese Covid lockdowns. If the 500 is anything to go by you may need extra heat sinking. 

Definitely add a fan. I have the old version of cxd400, looks like the current cxd500 with the aluminium heat spreader rather than finned heating, and it's OK with up to 100w continuous sine wave just bolted onto an aluminium chassis.

Top tip: bigger fans are quieter than whizzy little 40mm items for a given airflow.