Why become a member? ×

Cab to go with my Tecamp 1x12 combo

kristo

I've done a few bigger gigs lately and fancy getting a cab to go with my 1x12 combo for more volume, and to get the sound closer to my ear for these. The last couple I've DI'd from the amp and tilted it towards me so I can hear it clearly, but I'd like a 2x10 or 2x12 that I can put the combo on. It needs to be 8 ohm and I'm struggling to find a used Tecamp one, so looking elsewhere. My combo has a silver Fender style grill so I'm looking at the Fender Rumble cabs as they would be a nice match. I was just wondering if there was anything else out there that would work too, and ideally be under £500. I've only ever used combos on bass, so the world of cabs is new to me. Would the Fender ones be a good match for the Tecamp? Any help would be appreciated. Cheers. 

I'd pop the Tecamp in the boot of the car and head for a few shops to try stuff if I were you. Or take it with you when going to look at/try used cabs. Fender cabs are OK. They use Eminence Basslite drivers, which are not bad. However, if you can spend up to £500, some better quality options are within reach for you, especially if you buy used. A high quality 1x12 should give you plenty enough volume with your Tecamp and you won't have to worry about impedance (quite a few 2 driver cabs can be 4 ohm). Something like a used BF Super Compact should be well within your price range and they can make a lot of noise. Other makes are available, of course.

Edited by Dan Dare
  • Like 1