Why become a member? ×

What's your favourite multi effects for gigging?

zonular

Hx stomp. Currently I use it with a passive DI box straight into FOH, however I'm probably going to start just using a jack to XLR cable. the DI box is really not required.  I currently have it on a micro board with a 2 pedal footswitch which to be honest is abit overkill for my use on bass. I tend to stick to one patch. nice clean amp sim, switch 1 octaver, switch 2 filter, switch 3 scooped EQ for slapping. On the footswitch, one is tuner, the other changes to whatever i feel like.

It doubles up as my home guitar rig, so its pretty much a no brainer. all is velcroed onto a small board, that slides into the front pouchg of my bass case. can't really beat it.

I love my GX-100. The new update gives you all of the preamps from the ME-90B, but it's so easy to configure and add multiple instances of things if you desire. I've added an overdrive going into a fuzz in the fx loop, plus I've got an FV-500H acting as a second expression pedal. All probably unnecessary. There aren't any synth sounds in it though if that's what you need. 

I'm using it into an amp, so no DI from it directly.

I tend to use it as a pedalboard rather than as presets for things. My current chain for my doom band is:

Compressor

Volume 

Wah

EQ (used as a shaping boost)

Always on dirt

Dirt level 1

Dirt level 2

Effects loop → Mojo Mojo→ Bass Big Muff

Noise gate

Harmoniser: -1 octave is always on with switchable +1 octave

EQ to filter out the really high content and add a LPF at around 30/40Hz

Delay

Reverb

The internal foot pedal controls the wah when you press the toe switch down, or does all sorts of crazy stuff with the delay if that's on. The FV-500 is controlling the volume block as I prefer the taper on it. 

PXL_20240708_105622806(1).thumb.jpg.d9a2659d66b567c78e7907c2b8283f06.jpg

Edited by MichaelDean
Forgot the compressor
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, tauzero said:

At the moment, until I sort out the HX Stomp based pedalboard that is next on my list, a Zoom MS-60B.

How's the zoom?

I'm on the fence of the hx stomp, I know it's great but knowing my luck I'll pull the trigger and they will release and updated version 🤣

Helix Floor with nothing else. I did toy with the idea of adding my Linn Adrenalinn, but it turned out to be too much hassle for slightly improved sounds on a couple of songs. In an ideal world Line6 would add a MIDI-triggered filter/gate to the Helix and I would be an even happier chap. Until that happens I'll make do without. I've realised for quite a long time that playing live is not about trying to exactly replicate the sound of the band in the studio.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zonular said:

How's the zoom?

I'm on the fence of the hx stomp, I know it's great but knowing my luck I'll pull the trigger and they will release and updated version 🤣

The Zoom is pretty good. If you want a fit-and-forget unit it's great.

• Thanks 1

I've used a Zoom B1on for years, I have 3 settings normal is just a bit of overdrive, a brighter version of the normal one for stuff like the Jam (I doubt anybody else notices) and super distorted for Ace of Spades.

I have got a Zoom B1 four but prefer the B1on

• Thanks 1

At the moment it is the Boss GT 1000 Core as it sounds good, is small (sits on top of  the Amp) and is tough and reliable.

I am only using it as an 'always on' though - Compressor, EQ, Amp sim, small amount of Drive.  If I was in a band that was more dynamic - like a Jam band, then I'd like more control to individually click on/edit effects on the go. I found the Pod Go to be one of the best Multi-fx for that (but I think I'd probably go for individual pedals if I was doing more of that mid-song stomping on/off effects sort of stuff).