Why become a member? ×

How Long Is Your.... Cable?

How Long Do You Like Your Bass Cables?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. How Long Do You Like Your Instrument Cables (Bass to Amp/Pedalboard)

• 2 Metres
    • 3 Metres
    • 4 Metres
    • 5 Metres
    • Longer than 5 metres
    • Shorter than 2 metres.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/10/24 at 09:50

Hi Chienmortbb

I've tended to go for coloured cables just to help identify stuff in dim light on stage hence my observation. And just to brighten things up a bit to be honest!

Quite appreciate if you're making these things in bulk you can't keep a load of colours but maybe just one bright colour,  red, yellow, green or whatever as an option in future ? 

I run a wireless from bass to board but when i use a cable i  usually go for a 3m cable from bass to pedalboard and then either 4 or 5 from the board to the amp. 

most of may cables are right angle to straight, and they are all neutruik plugs and Klotz AC110 cable (all home made as i bought a 100m drum about 12 years ago and still have plenty left even after making Hifi interconnects and cables for friends.

I put 4m, but I think mine are actually mostly 5m. But I have lots and some are too short and used only for practice.

Currently, my main practise rig has a 6m on it... a Cheinmortbb won at the SW Bass Bash IIRC...

• 2 weeks later...

I get mine custom made because you just can't seem to buy cables "off the shelf" with an angled jack at both ends. So if I'm going custom they are going to be gold-plated Neutrik jacks and excellent quality, flexible cable.

Oh, and 3m is plenty from my multi-fx pedal. The cable back to my amp is also angled jacks both ends, but with a thicker, stiffer cable. The angled jacks out of the back of my multi-fx pedal help a lot if dancers get a bit too close and personal - far less likely to be damaged if stepped on. Angled jacks are also less likely to be tugged out of a socket if the cable is pulled.

2 minutes ago, Norris said:

I get mine custom made because you just can't seem to buy cables "off the shelf" with an angled jack at both ends. So if I'm going custom they are going to be gold-plated Neutrik jacks and excellent quality, flexible cable.

Oh, and 3m is plenty from my multi-fx pedal. The cable back to my amp is also angled jacks both ends, but with a thicker, stiffer cable. The angled jacks out of the back of my multi-fx pedal help a lot if dancers get a bit too close and personal - far less likely to be damaged if stepped on. Angled jacks are also less likely to be tugged out of a socket if the cable is pulled.

Who do you get to make them for you if you dont mind me asking?

10 hours ago, Norris said:

Well I guess that @Chienmortbb would probably make them (as it's his thread!) 😁

The last leads I had made came from Custom Lynx - a mate of mine works there, although they were DMX leads that I had made

https://custom-lynx.co.uk/

Thank you and yes indeed @Chienmortbb actually made my last cables so he would be my first port of call. For some reason, my browser missed the whole of this thread and all I saw was your post mentioning right angle jack sockets which is my preference and what caught my attention.

• Like 1