Why become a member? ×

New amp day...

TheGreek

...I have a chance to get one of these tomorrow (actually just the head) when I go pick up some old trace gear a contact is getting rid of, but probably won't as while I have no doubt it sounds as good as anything ever made, it costs about £100 to replace the tubes (I'm looking at a quatravalve which is twice that)!

But after tomorrow, once I've decided whether I will get it, I can forward on the contact should anyone want it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SimonK said:

...I have a chance to get one of these tomorrow (actually just the head) when I go pick up some old trace gear a contact is getting rid of, but probably won't as while I have no doubt it sounds as good as anything ever made, it costs about £100 to replace the tubes (I'm looking at a quatravalve which is twice that)!

But after tomorrow, once I've decided whether I will get it, I can forward on the contact should anyone want it.

Simon, be wary of cars which seem to be going in the same direction as you- i.e "following you "...you've just put a target on your back!!

🤭🤭🤭

• Like 1

Just now, TheGreek said:

Simon, be wary of cars which seem to be going in the same direction as you- i.e "following you "...you've just put a target on your back!!

🤭🤭🤭

...once I give first refusal I will ask the chap if he minds me passing his details on. Thus said it's not hard to spot a car carrying Trace Elliot gear:

Screenshot2024-09-28at15_02_16.png.7c199ba1c9899c53370f5e77053b6b8b.png

• Haha 6

John did say he is on basschat as well but wasn't sure about posting adverts, so here is his advert for the quatravalve. I was very tempted but need the money in the bank more than a fifth bass amp head. He also has a TE 2x10 for sale at a very reasonable price. I bought the other cab he had available.