Why become a member? ×

USA Spector 2021 Forte 4 *** PENDING *** - *SOLD*
£2500
Cowbridge, South Wales

mattbass6

The time has come to move on my beautiful 2021 US Spector gloss finished Forte 4 in Nightshade. I have loved this bass, and my Spector adventures, but I’m way too scared to use it in anger, so it has mainly remained in the case. This is in brand new condition and a real case queen. It even has the clear film still on the back plate. There is not a single mark on it, and the case is equally as clean. The tools come in a beautiful leather carry pouch, and the COA has been kept in an envelope. 

This bass is stunning. It has that punch, that growl when pushed, and a beautiful balanced sound across all strings. The combination of the EMGX pickups and the Aguilar OBP-2 pre amp is a winning combination for me.

The action is set very low, the neck is super straight, and weighs around 7lbs so, very light. It comes with a new set of LaBella stainless steel 45-105 strings. Everything about this bass is perfect. So why am I selling? I’m doing a build in my studio, and I need to get some extra funds in to complete said build, plus I’m too scared to use it in anger as already mentioned. As I’m not a collector, I hate instruments sitting around doing nothing when the money in them will be of use.

A new Czech Spector CST bass is selling for £2600, and if you can get a US built, gloss finish Forte, you won’t see much change from £4000, so at this price, my bass is a real steal. You will get a custom US bass for less than Czech CST prices. 

Happy to deliver at buyers expense, but would prefer collection for obvious reasons. Happy to also meet within a reasonable distance of Cardiff. Any questions, please ask. Cash on collection or bank transfer, only. No PayPal. Cheers 🌟

PS The price is firm. If this doesn’t sell, I will put it up for commission sale which means you would buy this bass for more that I’m selling it here. 

Edited by mattbass6
  • Like 15

Wow, wow, wow, what a killer looking bass 🤩 Definitely one of the best looking Fortes I've ever seen. They also did not make that many Fortes with a gloss finish, maybe a handful, so this is a very rare bass as well. 

Matt is a great guy who looks after his basses very well. Please buy with confidence and please buy it before I start thinking of how to finance it myself 😉

GLWTS 👍

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DanTM said:

Why do people tend to use edited pictures for their adds? 

No sure what you mean 🤔

But there is a limit to the amount of photos that can be added, and if anyone requires more detailed pictures, most people just ask instead of posting a vague question. Cheers ☺️

Those are edited pictures (not the ones of the case) and I do not understand why some people put edited pictures in their adds. I would like to see real pictures of the Instrument and not pimped pictures.

I am sure that this Spector is a beauty and that it does not need pictures with high contrast etc

Edited by DanTM

1 hour ago, DanTM said:

Those are edited pictures (not the ones of the case) and I do not understand why some people put edited pictures in their adds. I would like to see real pictures of the Instrument and not pimped pictures.

I am sure that this Spector is a beauty and that it does not need pictures with high contrast etc

If one cannot find the right light, then options to “highlight” certain aspects, act as an aid. We are not all blessed to live in sunny climes to capture the perfect shot. If anyone wants specific pictures in a certain light, they only need to ask. I hope that answers your question. Take care. Cheers 👋🏻 

Edited by mattbass6

Posted (edited)

Having a few wobbles about letting this go……. Played it last night, and this morning. Lush! Though it will remain a case queen, it is lovely to own, and to play, whenever I want to. Not sure if this will be one of those “regret selling” basses. Have to make up my mind, and soon 🤔

Edited by mattbass6

3 hours ago, mattbass6 said:

Not sure if this will be one of those “regret selling” basses. 

Definitely! 

If you do not have to sell it, then keep it. I am already missing my NS-4 (with solid quilted maple wings!) that I had to sell recently. Unfortunately, I had no choice 😞  

Edited by Eldon Tyrell
  • Thanks 1

• mattbass6 changed the title to USA Spector 2021 Forte 4 *** PENDING ***
5 hours ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Definitely! 

If you do not have to sell it, then keep it. I am already missing my NS-4 (with solid quilted maple wings!) that I had to sell recently. Unfortunately, I had no choice 😞  

I don’t have to sell it, but I’m just not using it and I really, really hate instruments sat there doing nothing. I love it loads, but my go to is something else. It needs/deserves to be used, so it’s going to a new home. I completely get what you are saying, and today has been a day of soul searching. The head wins over the heart. Hope you are well my friend. Cheers ☺️🌟

• Like 1

• mattbass6 changed the title to *** SOLD *** USA Spector 2021 Forte 4