Why become a member? ×

Quilter Bass Block V803

Ruarl

After a few months of scuttlebutt, it's here!

https://www.quilterlabs.com/collections/bass-amplifiers/products/bass-block-v803

My first impression is they've learned some lessons about making a radical-ish amp. They've kept a few of their really unique radical ideas (I don't understand the implementation, but the power section sounds like something quite unique.) but they've made some things more palatable, or ordinary, like they EQ section. I hope this sells well. I love my 800.

• Like 1

As a previous owner of a Quilter bass block, and now mesa user, I can't help but think that they've missed a few possibilities here - such as a variable HPF, 2 ohm output option, more mid control (e.g. high and low mids - or two paras).

Everything at a cost, of course, and one persons opinion will be different to the next.

An interesting amp, with some unique features. However, at the price point, it's a cluttered market place; could they have been braver?

• Like 1

The rumours started up last January , so I’m glad to see it finally surface. The BassTheWorld video is quite interesting. I just wish that somebody in town was stocking Quilter. I’d love to try one out. 

I have to say, you can colour me interested in this amp too.

It sounds incredible in the BassTheWorld clip, but they usually do when someone as talented as Rene Flächsenhaar plays through it and it's recorded SO well...

• Like 1