Why become a member? ×

Spector CST 4 string

geofio

Just purchased one of the new Spector CST models in natural gloss , 

jeez this thing sounds good, it really does, huge warm bass tones with pin sharp clarity and some growl for good measure. For me the perfect bass tone , I had a feeling it was going to be good, looking forward to getting some recording done , 3/4 way through the next Extreme Danger album, this bass feels and looks really premium,  love the sound from the Dark Glass electronics and pretty neat inside too. 
Neck isn’t skinny but comfy , very comfy  instrument to play, they are quite pricey , in all honesty worth the cash the tone alone is just thunderous, never felt a bass ooze low end like this and you can dial in the growl you want. Highly recommended if you are sitting on the fence about buying one . Get it you won’t regret it. 

IMG_1840.jpeg

Edited by geofio
  • Like 7

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Graham_C said:

Noice.

How does it compare to pre-Korg models?

These feel incredible basses , very well put together , also a lot neater wiring inside , better battery compartment too, as has been said already they need someone to do a better burst on the models with that . Plays great, didn’t need to do much in adjustments just took strings down slightly , no need  to adjust the neck was spot on. I love it already has the tone I am looking for.

Edited by geofio
  • Like 3

On 05/10/2024 at 00:30, geofio said:

These feel incredible basses , very well put together , also a lot neater wiring inside , better battery compartment too, as has been said already they need someone to do a better burst on the models with that . Plays great, didn’t need to do much in adjustments just took strings down slightly , no need  to adjust the neck was spot on. I love it already has the tone I am looking for.

Mine are 2005 and 2014 respectively and am on the fence about the quality of the post-Korg ones. I've heard more bad than good sadly. :(

13 hours ago, Graham_C said:

Mine are 2005 and 2014 respectively and am on the fence about the quality of the post-Korg ones. I've heard more bad than good sadly. :(

I have had older Spector basses, this bass is superb no issues at all what problems are you talking about? Geo

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Graham_C said:

I have a few Korg ones and never had any issues.

• Like 1

On 04/10/2024 at 09:43, geofio said:

Just purchased one of the new Spector CST models in natural gloss , 

jeez this thing sounds good, it really does, huge warm bass tones with pin sharp clarity and some growl for good measure. For me the perfect bass tone , I had a feeling it was going to be good, looking forward to getting some recording done , 3/4 way through the next Extreme Danger album, this bass feels and looks really premium,  love the sound from the Dark Glass electronics and pretty neat inside too. 
Neck isn’t skinny but comfy , very comfy  instrument to play, they are quite pricey , in all honesty worth the cash the tone alone is just thunderous, never felt a bass ooze low end like this and you can dial in the growl you want. Highly recommended if you are sitting on the fence about buying one . Get it you won’t regret it. 

That's a great tone!
How have you set the controls?

Are you using ANY pedals/drive channel on amp or anywhere?

2 hours ago, cetera said:

That's a great tone!
How have you set the controls?

Are you using ANY pedals/drive channel on amp or anywhere?

Hi, Both pickups on full , treble at 1 o’clock bass at 2 o’clock straight into TC Electronic B550 amp into my Mesa 4x12 vintage cab. Geo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Nothing adverse on this bass Graham, you were maybe just unlucky, I am a fussy B if there was an issue it would have been sent back.  When I buy a new bass, I go over all the screws nuts etc and tighten them all , amazing how many tuners are slack on any bass and any make, bridge screws , as they have settled since the bass was made and need to be tightened up. 

Edited by geofio
  • Like 3

Hi Skybone, In some ways they are quite similar basses, they both cut thru a mix, and they have that same kinda growl, the Spector CST I would say is more versatile, feel wise so different, the neck on the Spector is a lot chunkier but I like it , As soon as I played the Spector I loved the feel and the sound. String spacing feels much the same , The new Rickenbacker models are much slimmer flat D profile and satin finish versus the gloss of the Spector, same kind of weight too, If I were only allowed one it would be the Spector!! I can get a kinda Ricky tone from it and also much more , quality wise build etc I would say much the same , good solid instruments,  can’t go wrong with either bass , thanks for that question. Geo

• Like 1