Why become a member? ×

Apple Airpods

My daughter just bought me a pair of these Airpods Pro 2 as a pre Christmas prezzy. They are worlds away better than the ear pod things that came with the iPhones back in the day. I could never keep them in my ears and have several unused pairs in a desk draw as result. The sound quality of these is really excellent and the noise reduction is stunning. Just saying in case anyone is thinking of putting them on a secret santa list. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, bertbass said:

I couldn't get the old ones to stay in my ears either so never bothered.  Are the new ones that much better?  Thanks for the review.

Yes they are, I was astonished at the quality of the music reproduction compared to my Bluetooth ear buds that I considered to be pretty good.  I opened the box while watching TV and just stuck them in my ears without doing anything else and the tv sound just disappeared. I also couldn’t hear my wife speaking while sat next to me. Very impressive.  🙂

• Haha 1

Apparently if you have a recent audiogram (hearing test results) you can program the airpods to compensate for any hearing loss.

The FDA even approved them as over-the-counter hearing aids.

Edit: probably only for mild hearing loss

Edited by Bolo
  • Like 3

Used them to listen to some Bob Seger while mowing the lawn this morning. Full noise cancelling mode. Could not hear the lawn mower at all and the sound quality off my iPhone was top notch. 

On 04/10/2024 at 11:35, Cliff Edge said:

My daughter just bought me a pair of these Airpods Pro 2 as a pre Christmas prezzy. 

Does your daughter want to adopt any other parents?

• Haha 2

On 04/10/2024 at 11:45, bertbass said:

I couldn't get the old ones to stay in my ears either so never bothered.  Are the new ones that much better?  Thanks for the review.

just to be clear, these are about 2 years old, with the same design from the first version, so im guessing 4 years old. There are not new by any means.

Saying that, I find them fantastic. ive had both version 1 and 2, and will buy 3 when they come out. Im one of those that never actually had an issue with the standard AirPods, and the Pros' fit differently, and a bit looser when I first got them. A set of memory foam tips sorted that out. 

Strangely (or maybe not), I find depending on the season I either need the foam tips, or can quite happily use the supplied silicon ones. 

The reason they stay in your ears better is they are a fundamentally different design. The old (and still available!) wired ear pods were designed to be cradled by the outer ear. The airpods pro 2 have a squidgy rubber tip that you jam into your ear canal. 

The airpods (not pro) have the same type of design as the old ear pods.

I bought some off ebay the other day. They are going back today because they are fakes, but very good fakes. I am imporessed that someone went to that much trrouble to fake something so well, but still miss the last few details!