Why become a member? ×

Fender Musicmaster Bass 1978 US £850
£925
Lancaster

ash

1978 Fender Musicmaster in the original wine red finish. It’s a lovely finish and you can see the grain through it.
The bass is in excellent condition for the year and weighs in at around 3.6kgs - nice and easy on the shoulders. It’s a shortscale bass and has 19 frets which are in good shape. Neck is very good with a few dings but none that bother the playability.

A few dings to the body and marks (see pics) and some nice finish checking.

Bass comes with CTS pots and custom made pickup. This sounds really punchy compared to the original (strat type guitar pickup) single coil pickup that the last owner had replaced. To my ears it has more of a P bass tone. I do have the original pots (although the shafts have been damaged) and the original capacitor is in situ. The other hardware; tuners, string tree, strap buttons, bridge, neck plate and knobs are original. 

When I bought it the wrong era replacement scratchplate had been installed so I bought the correct version from WD Music. There are some extra screw holes hidden under the plate as a result. 

The bass is a great later example of the small but perfectly formed and punchy Musicmaster now becoming sought after in their own right as a very playable alternative to the Mustang bass. I have two others both rather beaten up and they are my preferred bass these days but work on the house means something has to go…..

UK sale only, sorry no trades. Pickup preferred but I can post at buyer’s cost. Thanks. 

IMG_8255.jpeg

IMG_8256.jpeg

IMG_8257.jpeg

IMG_8258.jpeg

IMG_8259.jpeg

IMG_8260.jpeg

IMG_8261.jpeg

IMG_8263.jpeg

IMG_8264.jpeg

IMG_8265.jpeg

IMG_8266.jpeg

IMG_8267.jpeg