Why become a member? ×

Cort Space 5 £490
£560
Chichester

SumOne

Cort Space 5 

Bought new from Bass Direct about 6 months ago (I have the receipt), still in very good condition - just a few little light cosmetic marks. 

Plays well, sounds good, well balanced while being lightweight and comfortable. 

3.56kg. (slightly less than 8lbs)

With Cort gig bag. 

£560  £490

Collection preferred: I live in Chichester, or am in West London on Mondays, or Worthing Wednesdays.

I have the Cort cardboard box and will be getting a bigger outer cardboard box so could post if needed. 

No Trades for Basses or Amps or Cabs etc. The only thing I'm after is a decent compressor pedal (Cali 76, Empress, Becos, BC-1X).

PXL_20241005_080011564.jpg

PXL_20241005_080020245.jpg

PXL_20241005_080138650.jpg

PXL_20241005_080105713.jpg

PXL_20241005_080051463.jpg

PXL_20241005_080047116.jpg

PXL_20241005_080036972.jpg

PXL_20241005_183032502.jpg

PXL_20241011_131527213.jpg

PXL_20241011_134318646.jpg

Edited by SumOne
Reduced to £490
  • Like 8

Posted (edited)

The back story is that I'm fickle! About 6 months ago I sold a Japanese 4 string Jazz to get this Cort, now I'm keen to get a 4 string Jazz again!  Basically, it is because I like swopping and changing around Basses, and the band I'm in has >30 song setlist with no songs needing anything below a low E (but a couple needing slap - which I find easier on a 4). I'd recommend the Cort though, perfectly balanced, low action, sounds good.  

Edit: I've now bought a Lakland DJ4. So no longer looking for trades.

Edited by SumOne

• SumOne changed the title to Cort Space 5 £540

Hi. I sold a Japanese P-Bass for £650 and got this one in brown. I do not regret it one bit. No neck dive on a 5 string is amazing. The pickups actually sound quite good with flat strings. I am impressed with Cort quality. Now I want a GB Modern 4 as my next one. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 07/10/2024 at 17:00, Everton said:

Hi. I sold a Japanese P-Bass for £650 and got this one in brown. I do not regret it one bit. No neck dive on a 5 string is amazing. The pickups actually sound quite good with flat strings. I am impressed with Cort quality. Now I want a GB Modern 4 as my next one. 

Yeah, I've actually just spent a few hours around Denmark Street trying out various Fender 4 strings and have come away decidedly underwhelmed.... So I might re-think my plan. 

Almost all Fenders had neck dive, were relatively heavy, not particularly comfortable, and most had quite high action while still having fret buzz (but I assume a good setup could help with that). And some of these are £2k. One was £1,800 that definitely needed some better quality control on the fret ends. And another customer in a shop told me he's had a lot of trouble (electrics and frets) with a Player series one he'd bought. One big positive is that I could do slap better than I can on the Cort - but I think that's a 4 vs 5 string thing rather than a Fender thing. 

So yeah, if I do sell the Cort 5 I think it might actually be replaced with a 4 string Cort (I've just realised, if you own a 'made in Indonesia or S Korea' Bass then it was probably made by Cort:  Ibanez, Squier, G&L, Lakland, Hohner, Elrick). 

(Edit: I've bought a Lakland DJ4, made in Korea....probably by Cort!) 

Edited by SumOne
  • Like 1

Indeed. And the premium line of Cort is similar to the premium lines of these brands. I think if you want a slap one, you should try the Cort GB Modern or perhaps a Sire Z7 or V8.

• Thanks 1

• SumOne changed the title to Cort Space 5 £490