Why become a member? ×

Cort Space 5 £540
£560
Chichester

SumOne

Cort Space 5 

Bought new from Bass Direct about 6 months ago (I have the receipt), still in very good condition - just a few little cosmetic marks. 

Plays well, sounds good. 

3.4kg.

With Cort gig bag. 

£560  £540 with collection from Chichester, or I'm in West London on Mondays, or Worthing Wednesdays. I have the Cort cardboard box but posting Basses has been a faff in the past so I'd prefer collection/meet up. 

Trade/part exchange for a <4kg passive 4 string Jazz. 

PXL_20241005_080011564.jpg

PXL_20241005_080020245.jpg

PXL_20241005_080138650.jpg

PXL_20241005_080105713.jpg

PXL_20241005_080051463.jpg

PXL_20241005_080047116.jpg

PXL_20241005_080036972.jpg

PXL_20241005_183032502.jpg

Edited by SumOne
Reduced to £540
  • Like 5

The back story is that I'm fickle!

About 6 months ago I sold a Japanese 4 string Jazz to get this Cort, now I'm keen to get a 4 string Japanese Jazz again! (or perhaps a MIM Flea or similar).....So I'm open for trades if it is <4kg, and passive.

Ideally I'd have both the Cort and a Jazz, but I tend to stick with one Bass for £ reasons, muscle memory, and a harmonious marriage! 

Edited by SumOne

• SumOne changed the title to Cort Space 5 £540

Hi. I sold a Japanese P-Bass for £650 and got this one in brown. I do not regret it one bit. No neck dive on a 5 string is amazing. The pickups actually sound quite good with flat strings. I am impressed with Cort quality. Now I want a GB Modern 4 as my next one. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Everton said:

Hi. I sold a Japanese P-Bass for £650 and got this one in brown. I do not regret it one bit. No neck dive on a 5 string is amazing. The pickups actually sound quite good with flat strings. I am impressed with Cort quality. Now I want a GB Modern 4 as my next one. 

Yeah, I've actually just spent a few hours around Denmark Street trying out various Fender 4 strings and have come away decidedly underwhelmed.... So I might re-think my plan. 

Almost all had neck dive, were relatively heavy, not particularly comfortable, and most had quite high action while still having fret buzz (but I assume a good setup could help with that). And some of these are £2k. One was £1,800 that definitely needed some better quality control on the fret ends. And another customer in a shop told me he's had a lot of trouble (electrics and frets) with a Player series one he'd bought. The one big positive is that I could do slap better than I can on the Cort - but I think that's a 4 vs 5 string thing rather than a Fender thing. 

So yeah, if I do sell the Cort 5 I think it might actually be replaced with a 4 string Cort (I've just realised, if you own a 'made in Indonesia or S Korea' Bass then it was probably made by Cort:  Ibanez, Squier, G&L, Lakland, Hohner, Elrick). 

Edited by SumOne

Indeed. And the premium line of Cort is similar to the premium lines of these brands. I think if you want a slap one, you should try the Cort GB Modern or perhaps a Sire Z7 or V8.

• Thanks 1