Why become a member? ×

Fender "innovation" launch

11 minutes ago, dclaassen said:

The Korean built Jazz 24's have a sweepable mid...I've got one. We complain, but also are very aware that most sound engineers and many band members just want you to bring a P Bass......

Thank the lord we don't have to listen to sound engineers and band members 💤

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, dclaassen said:

We complain, but also are very aware that most sound engineers and many band members just want you to bring a P Bass......

......because they are unable to do their job or simply deaf.

(Finished for you)

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, tauzero said:

They don't seem to really put their hearts into innovation (not Innovation) though. Manufacturers like Ibanez and Cort show that it's quite possible to have a wide portfolio of instruments - Fender periodically produce something different, make it for a couple of years, then abandon it.

The Squier Paranormal series of guitars are some amazing designs created by mixing and matching Fender designs, or twisting them a bit.

Tried a troublemaker Tele today, my brother will probably buy it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

The Squier Paranormal series of guitars are some amazing designs created by mixing and matching Fender designs, or twisting them a bit.

Tried a troublemaker Tele today, my brother will probably buy it.

So, factory bitsas.

• Haha 2

On 06/10/2024 at 15:47, BassApprentice said:

Another Fender launch happening next week - and I don't think it has a P Bass in it 😯😂

Seems they are sticking with the Meteora shape which could be cool. Don't think we'll be blown away by the specs on anything in this release.

Screenshot_20241006-144440.png

Innovation have had a rest since approximately 1970, but now it is finally time to do absolutely nothing about that! - Fender

Edited by Baloney Balderdash

On 06/10/2024 at 09:47, BassApprentice said:

Another Fender launch happening next week - and I don't think it has a P Bass in it 😯😂

Seems they are sticking with the Meteora shape which could be cool. Don't think we'll be blown away by the specs on anything in this release.

Screenshot_20241006-144440.png

I started another thread instead of adding pics here, even though I first became aware of these MIJ basses here.

Sorry.

That's what happens when posting while half asleep.

21 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

The truth is out there:

https://www.fenderinnovations.nl/

Ah, but that line is only good for yacht rock

1 hour ago, jd56hawk said:

I started another thread instead of adding pics here, even though I first became aware of these MIJ basses here.

Sorry.

That's what happens when posting while half asleep.

I think it's a different launch, this set isn't out for another 5 days.

My guess is it's a Player Plus 2 announcement?

Edited by Jonesy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

So the insomniac innovators at Fender have come up with some new colours, it seems.  Perhaps the pickups used were wound under a full moon or something.  Nice.

removed-photos-of-the-new-american-ultra-ii-stratocaster-in-v0-p786gpng02qd1.thumb.webp.881711815ca958f6c62c57ab8e189c26.webp

fender-just-announced-american-ultra-ii-the-new-series-v0-8dvpgyw7tlod1.thumb.jpg.cff0c013580d6f1e874fca3803a0dff0.jpg

I mean some of them look nice, and i'm sure people will queue up to snag them.  But why make such a big deal over it?  Innovation never rests, and neither does our re-releasing of instruments and our drive to milk our loyal players for all they've got.

9 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Given the announcement is planned for 15 October and the 2/II vesrions are just upgrades I think/hope something more exciting is on the horizon.

This info has been leaked from retailers sticking things online too early, so its certainly TBA at the moment, but yeah maybe theyre announcing both this and something else on the 15th?

Personally, the highlight of next week is the McRib.

The Dimension was the answer to a question no-one asked. What hole in the market did it fill? This is where everyone gets Fender wrong. They point to mediocre instruments of no purpose and say "Nobody wants Fenders which aren't P basses or J basses" but the fact remains, Fender have yet to put out a "J on steroids" which can compete with Sadowsky, etc or any other variation of the original Leo Fender designs which sell plenty. There are so many companies which exist as enhancements riding on the back of the original Big F designs but these are markets which operate outside the unerstanding of the FMIC boardroom, it seems.

40 minutes ago, Doctor J said:

There are so many companies which exist as enhancements riding on the back of the original Big F designs but these are markets which operate outside the unerstanding of the FMIC boardroom, it seems.

But they're clearly doing something right? Nearly all the people under the age of 30 I know who are making music don't play guitar or bass, it's all in the box, yet Fender still shift a shit load of instruments each year, way more I'd guess than the companies that copy them? Do Fender innovate? Hell no. Do they always build good instruments? Hell no? Are they, as they have been for 70-years, the dominant brand in a market that is 70-years old? Hell yes :)

4 minutes ago, Beedster said:

But they're clearly doing something right? Nearly all the people under the age of 30 I know who are making music don't play guitar or bass, it's all in the box, yet Fender still shift a shit load of instruments each year, way more I'd guess than the companies that copy them? Do Fender innovate? Hell no. Do they always build good instruments? Hell no? Are they, as they have been for 70-years, the dominant brand in a market that is 70-years old? Hell yes :)

Totally agree with all of that, they're clearly doing everything right, the issue we're all taking is the use of words Innovation and Fender in the same sentence 😁

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Beedster said:

The unstoppable power of a name and a logo.  

That's about it!

26 minutes ago, Beedster said:

But they're clearly doing something right?

Absolutely. They make sure their instruments appear in the hands of a lot of the most popular instrument players. Association sells. They have not innovated anything useful in quite a while, however.

• Like 1

On 08/10/2024 at 22:18, krispn said:

Last time Fender attempted to do something different we got the Dimension bass and they were sh*tcanned because nobody wanted them. The usual complaints they didn’t sound enough like a Fender or look enough like a Fender abounded.

I got myself a Squier Dimension earlier this year and quite enjoy it, other than the 400kg weight (Like anything else basswood). Wish they sold better because i'd quite like another one to play around with modding.