Why become a member? ×

Short essay I wrote on practising recently

Oscar South

If you're interrested, heres an essay I wrote about theory and application of practise. Its quite consise, I had trouble fitting what I wanted to say into that many words but I'm happy with the final product.

I find this subject fascinating personally, I could have easily written 6000 words on it.

Thanks Oscar, it's an interesting piece that makes a lot of sense to me. Although it depends on complexity and the mucisian's experience, I'd be interested to know if you have a theory about how many times practicing a maneouvre, passage, scale or phrase you think it takes to cement it into the brain.

A note on your writing style. Although the piece is essentially fairly simple, it reads as being complex because of your syntax, very long sentence structures and inappropriate use of the semi colon. I would look at that and edit accordingly. Also, you have spelled "practice" in the way of the colonies :)

Cheers.