Why become a member? ×

Atelier Z DAL 5 - Natural finish with soft case
£1250
Lowestoft

carlsim

Up for sale is my gorgeous Atelier Z DAL 5 in natural finish with clear scratch plate and bell cover (the preamp is not attached to the clear bell cover so can be removed). Something has come up that has made me go into bass buying convulsions so to make up some of the shortfall, this has to go... plus the bass I'm after is similar in looks and style so I don't need two similar basses. If the bass I'm after goes I will be withdrawing this from sale.

This is in amazing condition, no noticeable dings or marks and the neck is lovely - it's amazing to play and sounds great. When I got it it was a standard preamp with volume, blend, bass and treble. I have always liked a passive option so I upgraded the preamp to the Glockenklang 2 band preamp with passive tone control on the treble pot - this one:

https://www.glockenklang.de/en/products/bass_systems/onboard_2-band.htm

From the website:

The GLOCKENKLANG 2-band onboard preamp is active/passive switchable (at the volume push/pull), has a balance-pot with no volume dip in center-position, a treble-pot with +/- 18 dB@18 KHz in active mode, acting as classical highcut in passive mode and a bass-pot with +/- 14 dB@40 Hz. Battery-connection is 9 / 18 volts.

Due to the high performance electronic, in flat position of the eq you can hear no difference between active and passive mode!

Comes with the Atelier branded soft case (between a gig bag and hard case) and I have also added Sadowsky style knobs as I thought they look a lot better than the Jazz style knobs. I will include the original knobs and pup cover in the sale. I don't have the old preamp I'm afraid. I know these come with an Atelier Z sticker on the scratch plate - I sourced a replacement from Danny at Bass Japan Direct which I will of course include as well. 

No trades I'm afraid as I need the cash for the new bass, I have a box and can organise postage with costs covered by the buyer. Will need insurance as I won't send it without. Will probably be £30-£40 to post. Will get some quotes on postage if there looks to be a sale. Hit me with any questions! I got this from Bass Direct and have included their original pictures. 

DAL 1.jpg

DAL 6.jpg

DAL 7.jpg

DAL 8.jpg

DAL 9.jpg

DAL 11.jpg

DAL 111.jpg

DAL 1111.jpg

DAL 11111.jpg

Atelier-Z-Dal-5-Natural-Gloss-1-1024x683.webp

Atelier-Z-Dal-5-Natural-Gloss-2-1024x683.webp

Atelier-Z-Dal-5-Natural-Gloss-4-1024x683.webp

Atelier-Z-Dal-5-Natural-Gloss-5-1024x683.webp

Atelier-Z-Dal-5-Natural-Gloss-6-1024x683.webp

Atelier-Z-Dal-5-Natural-Gloss-7-1024x683.webp

Atelier-Z-Dal-5-Natural-Gloss-8-1024x683.webp

Atelier-Z-Dal-5-Natural-Gloss-9-1024x683.webp

Edited by carlsim
  • Like 13

1 hour ago, bassfan said:

@carlsim what’s the difference between this and the Jerry Barnes sig? (Other than the black scratch plate) 

Any sound clips with the new pre amp?

To be honest mate, I doubt very much! Same pups, the GLOCKENKLANG pre is very transparent and has the benefit of a switchable passive tone (the original pre didn’t have this..) 

I can do some sound clips tomorrow if you would like to hear some… to be honest, it sounds like a classic jazz in passive mode and a jazz with some extra phunk in active mode. 
Let me know what you think and if you would like to hear it, I could do some tomorrow. 

Carl.

I wouldn’t mind hearing it mate but only if you have time. I have a sadowsky uv70 I’m thinking it will be almost the same (aside from the extra string!) the sadowsky knobs do look better 👍🏻

lovely looking bass. 

I think the glock pre is a different sound to the sadowsky… I have a metro express with the vtc preamp in there and there is (to me) a significant different in tone…

I will see what I can do today and pop a reply on here…

@bassfan

Had a bit of time before classes started this morning so was able to knock something up quite quickly. Please excuse the sloppiness! It was quite a quick process.

So, no processing, just as it comes out of the bass - no EQ, just added a smidge of compression to even out my sloppiness! Anyway, I hope it helps...

1 - Neck pup, flat EQ, active mode

2 - Both pups, flat EQ, active mode

3 - Bridge pup, flat EQ, active mode

4 - Both pups, tone on full (more treble) in passive mode

5 - Both pups, tone wound back (dark and woolly) in passive mode

6 - Bridge pup, tone of full (a la Jaco kinda sound) in passive mode

7 - A bot of slap, both pups, flat EQ in active mode.

It has quite a range of tones, obviously I couldn't cover everything in but hopefully it gives you a good idea. The Glock is a lovely transparent sound when flat, really allows the sound of the bass to come out. Being a cut and boost EQ (unlike the Sadowsky you have), it does give it a bit more versatility in my book and I kinda miss that when I play my metro express which has the VTC circuit in it.

Let me know what you think.

Carl.

Edited by carlsim
  • Like 1

On 18/10/2024 at 15:28, bassfan said:

Sounds great Carl. Thanks for doing that. 

certainly sounds nice and versatile. 

I’ll have a think mate see what the bank says! 😀

No worries, let me know as I may listen to offers!

• Thanks 1

On 22/10/2024 at 23:45, lee650 said:

I keep looking at this! I'd need to sell three basses to afford it though. I'll have a think,but it'll take too long.

To be honest, what I was looking to buy has now sold but I am going to keep this listed for sale... no rush basically!