Why become a member? ×

CertHE BIMM or ICMP

Camc27

Hello all, has anyone done the certHE at either BIMM or ICMP and would you have any advice on either (and any audition advice!). Trying to decide which would be best for me currently - have spoken to both and read all about the courses so far. Thank you in advance :)

1 hour ago, Camc27 said:

Hello all, has anyone done the certHE at either BIMM or ICMP and would you have any advice on either (and any audition advice!). Trying to decide which would be best for me currently - have spoken to both and read all about the courses so far. Thank you in advance :)

Is that BIMM Brighton? Don’t know about BIMM but had friends go to ICMP who have done well out of it. Lots of other colleges though, I went to ACM. I’d advise on viewing as many as you can.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Camc27 said:

Find out what happens after the course as well as during it. I don't know what the figures are now, but a couple of years before lockdown some of these music colleges had really low graduate employment rates.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MacDaddy said:

Find out what happens after the course as well as during it. I don't know what the figures are now, but a couple of years before lockdown some of these music colleges had really low graduate employment rates.

It’s a good point that Macdaddy makes. Those that have created a good career in music from my years at music college were already good enough to be professional when they got there, so for them it was more of a networking exercise.

However, despite having the degree it was much harder for me to get good jobs than mates who had studied more conventional subjects. I have managed to carve out an okay career in finance since but it was a lot of hard work at the beginning in less glamorous jobs.

Also don’t worry about the auditions. The less prestigious places like BIMM, ICMP, ACM ect let anyone in wiling to pay the fees.

• Like 2