Why become a member? ×

Sterling Stingray5 Ray35 in gorgeous quilted top with roasted neck - *WITHDRAWN*
£650
Lowestoft

carlsim

Lovely Sterling Musicman Ray35 in very good condition.  Beautiful quilted top and roasted maple neck.  Has been gigged and has minor signs of use - the worst of which are two minor dinks on the back (pictured).  Comes with its original padded gig bag. The roasted maple neck feels great and to be honest, I sold a stingray special a while back and I would be hard pressed to tell any massive differences! Certainly not £1ks worth when you look at second hand values. I'm sure I will start a barrage of Stingray lovers spewing some hate here, but that's my opinion! frankly, a while back I was firmly in their camp... now, I'm not so sure of the value of premium basses like Stingrays when you compare them to their far eastern counterparts. I think the quality of these far east instruments has sky rocketed over the years.

I got this a while back on here and to be honest, I'm not using it very much and a new kitchen and home extension means I need to recoup some funds. Its a great bass, I just find myself picking up my Sadowsky and nowt else gets a look in! Currently sporting a clear scratch plate, which I had made as it shows off the lovely top, plus the control PCB on display looks pretty cool as well. I have included a picture of it with the original black one which I will include in the sale so the buyer can make up their own mind.

Will included postage in the asking price, any haggling will incur postage costs, collection obviously welcome!

Any questions, please do get in touch!

ray13.thumb.jpg.66cd9cadac23f804b539374549585b4c.jpg

ray6.jpg

ray7.jpg

ray8.jpg

ray9.jpg

ray10.jpg

ray11.jpg

ray12.jpg

ray6.jpg

ray7.jpg

ray3.jpg

ray2.jpg

ray1.jpg

Edited by carlsim
  • Like 10

No hate here buddy. As a matter of fact I couldn't agree with you more about the value of these versus an actual Stingray as I've had several of each. I'm focusing on Warwicks these days but good luck with the sale 👍

14 hours ago, Terry M. said:

No hate here buddy. As a matter of fact I couldn't agree with you more about the value of these versus an actual Stingray as I've had several of each. I'm focusing on Warwicks these days but good luck with the sale 👍

Thanks - it’s good to know others share the opinion!

• Like 1

12" I believe as per this website:

https://intl.sterlingbymusicman.com/products/stingray5-ray35?variant=32171744559219

I don't have any way to measure it (although I did read about drawing a 12" circle, cutting it out and that would be the radius)... I'm not sure if this is accurate?

Is there an easy way to measure and check?

Edited by carlsim

13 minutes ago, castlemaine22 said:

I don't suppose you know the weight?

Not off the top of my head - I would say it is neither lightweight nor heavy... a typical 9 / 9.5lb bass... it's definitely heavier than my Stingray Special that I had recently, but not as heavy as an older SR5 I had which was a heavy old beast...

if you are keen, I do have some scales at work I could use to get a more accurate weight...

Just remembered we have some postage scales at work!

As I suspected - 4.25kg - 9.37lbs in old money (more or less halfway in my guesstimate!)

Hope this helps...

• Like 1

• carlsim changed the title to Sterling Stingray5 Ray35 in gorgeous quilted top with roasted neck WITHDRAWN