Why become a member? ×

How about temp bans for people who bump marketplace listings with "SOLD" or similar instead of just updating the title

Schlippy

Question

It's soooooooo annoying to see a listing get bumped to the top of the page just so the OP can let everyone know their thing is no longer available. Super useful, good to know!

Ha ha ha only joking I'm not joking ban them

3 answers to this question

No-one bumps for something being sold. When you change the title to sold (which is what you should do if you are following the rules), it gets bumped to the top of the list as something has happened to the post - its how the forum works.

No, the real annoyance is when people don't mark their item as sold.

• Like 2

Other way round, chief, updating the title locks the thread and leaves it where it is, I must have done it half a dozen times now. Quite a few people reply to their own threads with a "sold" post, however, which does bump it, and it's that behaviour I was (hilariously) suggesting be worthy of discipline.

Just a joke tho, obvs it's not a joke ban them

I do it every time to simply inform the other potential buyers that the item is sold.

I also do it when the item is on hold and then state it as sold.

It's simply being courteous and communicative in a world where it seems to have totally vanished.

I must have done it hundreds of times now.

• Like 1