Why become a member? ×

Tascam DR 05 quirk

squire5

I use a Tascam to record my mates acoustic guitar and my bass in rehearsing some of his original material.I'm through an amp and hes playing and singing acoustically,My problem is that on playback,the bass sounds like it has an added 'tremolo' effect. We've tried different locations for the Tascam but that same effect is still there.Would it be down to room acoustics,do you think? Thanx.

I am no acoustics expert but as far as I know bad acoustics can't really cause a tremolo effect, mostly just unwanted echo/reverb/jingling highs.

Do you hear the tremolo too when the bass is recorded alone, or only when played together with the guitarist singer? Can you plug the bass in directly into this specific Tascam?

Can you share a short clip of said tremolo?

I've never tried using the bass on its own.I must give that a try.I cant share any music as its original material and the author has asked/told me not to.But thanx for that anyway.

PS.I'll tell you what I've done.I recorded a few seconds of bass through the Tascams mikes and on playing it back thru headphones,the 'tremolo' effect is prominent.On playing through the mini stereo amp I use with my PC,connected to the Tascams 'Line out' the effect is there BUT..Connecting the Tascam via USB and playing the tracks,The effect is gone.No trace.Tearing my hair out here.☹️

Edited by squire5

What I have discovered though is that the tremolo effect can only be heard when I use the 'Line out/headphone' socket.Also the effect is present overall,just more pronounced at the bass end.Not to worry,as its only for practice purposes anyway.Appreciate your input BBS.

• Confused 1