Why become a member? ×

Raucous Sing-A-Long

stewblack

I've started a new health regime on the recommendations of a vicious, malicious and entirely disingenuous 'friend' who recommended a daily cold shower to blow away the effects of my chronic fatigue. 

It's appalling. Absolutely hellish.

However, it works so I don't want to stop doing it. But I hate it.

So today I hit on a new plan. Play a raucous sing a long tune while I'm in there, really loud, and hopefully distracting.

It did the job. Admirably. I went for California Uber Alles  by the Dead Kennedys. And it was sufficiently uplifting and helped purge me of all the appropriate emotions. Not too long either!

What would you choose?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

A walk the other day found us in a tiny, very old isolated church just under the South Downs. Mrs Disc is a beleiver Im not and she sings and I dont anymore. But we suddenly found ourselves in the gloom going thru the hymn book belting out some old primary school favs..... Most liberating indeed, felt really good.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, diskwave said:

A walk the other day found us in a tiny, very old isolated church just under the South Downs. Mrs Disc is a beleiver Im not and she sings and I dont anymore. But we suddenly found ourselves in the gloom going thru the hymn book belting out some old primary school favs..... Most liberating indeed, felt really good.

That reminds me of the days when my mate and I would stagger home from the pub singing Beatles songs at the tops of our voices 😁

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

That reminds me of the days when my mate and I would stagger home from the pub singing Beatles songs at the tops of our voices 😁

Last time I did this sort of thing it was on a cricket tour in Reading, and the police stopped us and told us to keep it down. Everyone sobered up pretty quickly at that apart from one lad who decided to try and be funny (emphasis on try) and as a result spent the second night of the tour in a cell at Reading police station until one of our elder statesmen picked him up in the morning. It took a couple of seasons before we stopped taking the piss out of him for it.

I don't sing. I'm mindful of the mental health and well-being of anyone who accidentally comes within earshot.

I'm also not brave enough to try the cold shower. Mrs B is up to 20 secs atm, and my daughter in law goes open air swimming every day of the year at 7 am, and swears by it!!

I do one thing Mosley suggested, I walk up and down stairs backwards. It's a killer but very good for your legs, breathing and heart rate.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Leonard Smalls said:

I do the cold shower thing... Sometimes I start with the cold - in which case it's about 45 seconds before there's a hint of warmth. And for that time I sometimes "speak in tongues", and sometimes sing raucously. Like this one (beware of An Oft Repeated Swear Word!):

That's what I'm talking about! You understand the pain and the catharsis of loud musical swearing!

• Haha 1