Why become a member? ×

Overwater Progress Series IV 4 String
£2500
Leeds

petergales

I never thought I would have to do this but since I ruptured my shoulder falling off a ladder, which resulted in a replacement shoulder operation, I struggle to play 34" scale basses for any length of time. I have therefore had to move to short scale basses and so I am selling some of my long scale instruments.

So here is my 2018 Overwater Progress Series IV through neck 34” scale four string made for me by those brilliant guys in Carlisle. 

The body wood is ash with a walnut top and matching headstock and rosewood fingerboard. Hardware, pickups and preamp are Overwater’s own brand. Controls are volume and blend with a three band EQ. The volume knob has a push/pull application that brightens up the sound.

When I had the bass made for me in 2018 I asked for the body to be chambered with the result that it weighs a mere 7.5lbs.

It is a great instrument, in excellent condition, and comes with a Hiscox unbranded hard case.

Sorry to see this one go but needs must I'm afraid. I must be realistic about it and accept that my limitations are not going to improve and it should go to someone who can make full use of it.

The price new would be well in excess of £3,500 so I think I’m asking a fair price for it – but the market will decide I suppose.

Payment by bank transfer and collection from Leeds although I am prepared to meet up within a reasonable distance from Leeds if that helps.

Check out Dan Veal’s review of the 5 string version of this bass:

https://youtu.be/AT8kEhJNHYE?si=EGmq51t_YU7TrzTh

IMG_1411.jpeg

IMG_1412.jpeg

IMG_1413.jpeg

IMG_1414.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1