Why become a member? ×

F/S ACG P Type 4-string bass
£850
Chorley, Lancs., PR6

ead

Another painful to me sale as this bass and I have played quite a few gigs together.  I commissioned this from Alan in around 2015/16 and aside from a couple of years 'on extended loan' to another BCer I have been the only keeper of this lovely instrument.  Very sad that general arthritis is taking its toll.

Anyway, one of only P Types in the known universe, this is a lovely and very flexible beastie.  Specs are here:  https://acguitars.co.uk/project/0252-p-type-4/

Very portable too at only 3.6kgs (just under 8lbs).  The East/ACG P Retro is massively flexible with active/passive switch and a tone control that works when the EQ is engaged.  The bass comes with a decent gig bag.  As always collection/meet up preferred, postage could be an option.

Happy to answer any questions and thanks for stopping by.  Here are the pics:

ACGStdPType01.thumb.jpg.b0183c38c8c9570c0ab1b982e9f52e06.jpg

ACGStdPType02.thumb.jpg.88271b5c284c3778061ce41169f0b5c2.jpg

ACGStdPType03.thumb.jpg.5df2d7936ea236c51467f03d0bfb76b5.jpg

ACGStdPType04.thumb.jpg.903d7339b18f7d160d3d11b581af9de2.jpg

ACGStdPType05.thumb.jpg.328e41e57ca083e43bb8740d128ca1e4.jpg

ACGStdPType06.thumb.jpg.42638ce3ee92777bc5c25ae29a58bdea.jpg

ACGStdPType07.thumb.jpg.011542ca0959d7901f62e0f8275707ed.jpg

• Like 15

Seen a few used ACGs around this price point and I was always trying to work out how I could buy them.

Now that I own a couple of ACGs myself I think it's a bit of a shame that they're the prices they are (undervalued) but also that it's such a sweet spot price wise having them compete with offshore copies and the like. There's no comparison and an ACG at this money wipes the floor with most if not all. Just my tuppence worth. 

• Like 5

Ooh, I do love the ACG P pickup with the East Retro. I have the self same (as well as the 3 piece maple and Wenge neck - you're clearly a man of exquisite taste 😁). Restrained and classy-looking bass. I like a lot of Alan's more out-there woods but this is special. Surely this should go in an instant at this price. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, dub_junkie said:

Seen a few used ACGs around this price point and I was always trying to work out how I could buy them.

Now that I own a couple of ACGs myself I think it's a bit of a shame that they're the prices they are (undervalued) but also that it's such a sweet spot price wise having them compete with offshore copies and the like. There's no comparison and an ACG at this money wipes the floor with most if not all. Just my tuppence worth. 

I thought the same myself - they regularly get listed between £800-£1500 which is a stupidly good price at either end of the scale.

• Like 1