Why become a member? ×

Boss GX-10 Bass/Guitar Multi FX

Chienmortbb

I've got the big brother GX-100. Lovely bit of kit. The latest update added more bass amps too. There's a whole section of dedicated bass stuff in the effects, but it's worth trying it all out. We really are well catered for on it. 

What do you want to know about the divider/mixer? You can only add one to the signal chain, but it can be configured as A/B or parallel paths, which can also be split by frequency. You can also output the paths to left/right if you want two distinct signal chains. 

Unlike Valeton type things, you can add in multiples of the same type of blocks too within the limitations of (I think) 14 blocks. Want parallel compression? Go for it. 4 drives? Yep. 8 plate reverbs? If you must!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MichaelDean said:

What do you want to know about the divider/mixer? You can only add one to the signal chain, but it can be configured as A/B or parallel paths, which can also be split by frequency. You can also output the paths to left/right if you want two distinct signal chains. 

That's what I wanted to know about Div/Mix thank you. Next question is, 'Does the GX-10 have the same Div/Mix options as its big brother GX-100?'

7 hours ago, MichaelDean said:

The manual says it's the same.

I've just realised what another setting on it means too - you can set them to activate with input sensitivity. So, play normally and it'll do one path, go a bit harder and you can activate the other as well.

https://static.roland.com/manuals/gx-10_parameter/en-US/index.html#95900811161280907

GAS brewing... will check out the examples for bass.

On 24/10/2024 at 16:59, visog said:

A Bluetooth adapter judging by Andertons' site (£44.99). £350 is not a bad price if the parallel signal path goodness can be frequency split...

I bought one of the Bluetooth adapters for my ME90-B and it's unreliable at best. I have sort of given up on it really. After using it to change the LED settings I've not had much further use for it IF I could get it working.