Why become a member? ×

Sire V7 5 string jazz - Ash/Maple - Green!! - *SOLD*
£400
Morecambe

lee650

There's something on here that I've decided I need in my life, so I'm having a cull to raise cash.

Next up is my wonderful Sire V7 5 string, it's a V2 (with the rolled fingerboard etc) but in the long discontinued sherwood green! The odd thing about this bass is, that it's a much lighter colour than the norm, it's more a light sage green metallic. I swapped out the original pearl pickguard for a black one, and under the guard was the darker sherwood green, there is also a small spot at the back, which is darker. Its also the older Ash bodied (discontinued on V7, but being brought back I believe) with a bound/block maple board and pickups in the 60s position.

I bought this from a small shop in Wales after a long search for a 5 in this colour, apparently it was bought new, but never used, I'm wondering If it was left near a window and the colour faded?

This is a magnificent 5 string, really versatile sound, with a comprehensive EQ and active/passive switch, but does the Marcus thing, as they all do, if this doesn't go I won't be gutted.

I've no gigbag, but the box etc, so will be very well packed for transport, it currently sports a fairly new set of daddario XL's

I'm looking for £400 incl UK ONLY delivery.

20241024_120447.jpg

20241024_120512.jpg

20241024_120530.jpg

20241024_120518.jpg

20240409_170556.jpg

Edited by lee650
  • Like 4

I’ve played this. Bloody ace bass - knowing Lee it’s probably been kept in a wonderfully humidified and polished environment; his string bill is almost as big as my mortgage payments.

great bass, great guy - as if you need a reason to buy 🤪

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, horrorshowbass said:

The green with green PG is turtley awesome dude 🐢 

That's not a green pickguard, it's the basses colour, underneath, it's different, if you can find one, other green Sires are that darker colour.

Bodacious!

• lee650 changed the title to Sire V7 5 string jazz - Ash/Maple - SOLD