Why become a member? ×

Gibson “The Ripper” 1976
£2300
Manchester

AndyTravis

This is a killer of a sale.

1. I’ve always wanted one of these; it lived up to expectations.

2. It’s a really good one - I’ve played a few to get to this one.

3. It’s something out of my control causing the sale; but it needs to be done.

We were promised support 4 years ago with an extension for a wet room for Iris.

After 48 months of back and forth; we’re not getting the support promised because we both work and earn.

We’ll get less than half of what was promised - thing is, if we’d took a loan 4 years ago, we’d have paid it off by now, but because we’ve been told by adaptive living we’d get x amount, we’ve held out.

I need to make a chunky contribution. This is my most expensive/valuable bass.

Dont tell me I’ll regret it etc - I already know it.

Anyhow - 1976, superb low action, only non original part is the nut - a Tusq replacement professionally fitted before my ownership.

marks and dings…a few, but looks new from a short distance - not bad for 48 years old.

The Gibson case was long gone before me. I’ve got a lovely Gibson bag for it.

They do fit in the hiscox Teardrop if anyone’s upset - or there are 2 knackered Gibson ones on reverb for £350 ish 🙄

Shipping isn’t ideal - I’d rather not…but it can happen at risk/cost.

weight is 10.5lbs - it’s wearing half wounds, and a spare set included.

Manchester, M27 postcode, just off the motorway…

I have entered a chat with Bass Bros - but would love this to stay within Basschat.

I also haven’t listed this on reverb etc…yet.

IMG_7233.jpeg

IMG_6168.jpeg

IMG_6222.jpeg

IMG_6141.jpeg

IMG_6712.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Sad 5

Not my thing really but that first picture with the soft lighting is pure bass tittilation and likely to lead to some very serious conversations up and down the country as people try to come up with justifications to their significant others. Sorry that needs must, mate, and I hope it goes quickly. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Grooverjr said:

Not my thing really but that first picture with the soft lighting is pure bass tittilation and likely to lead to some very serious conversations up and down the country as people try to come up with justifications to their significant others. Sorry that needs must, mate, and I hope it goes quickly. 

If it stays in the Basschat family…I’ll know where to go to get it back.

Its a phenomenal instrument, probably the peak of Gibson’s bass efforts - unlike the RD with its innovative circuits…this is actually playable 😏

6 minutes ago, Clarky said:

Utterly gorgeous bass, GLWYS Andy and hope it sorts what needs sorting

Crazy madam needs independence; when we started the process, they assured me and my scepticism that us both being workers would not be factored in…

now either we were lied to, or they’ve taken so long over the process…that the goalposts have shifted…

I think the application/process outcome should adhere to the rules/constraints at the time of the start of the application, not the rules by the time they’ve finished piddling about FOR FOUR YEARS - a point I have made very clear to the OT team and the Adaptation manager in a recent email.

Anyhow…needs must.

DC383713-92A7-4947-A883-BC04570792F8.jpeg

Edited by AndyTravis
  • Like 3

Such a shame, but the little one is well worth it, she's a star. I don't need to mention that Andy is a top tier Basschatter, with a sterling reputation, as well as being a fantastic bloke, he's a killer player and knows his stuff.

I heard recordings and live footage of this bass and it sounds amazing, deep and articulate, such a great sound. Something like this is well out of my finances, but I'm certain someone is going to be very happy with it 😍