Why become a member? ×

Fender Mustang Short Scale Bass Reissue Fiesta Red

faceman

Afternoon everyone,

This was a massive impulse buy and one I didn't really need! I've always wanted to try out this short scale baby and see how it would go and won this on an eBay auction last week. It's a fantastic little bass that has more power than you would expect from something so small. It's a standard Fender Mustang Crafted in Japan with serial number S061917 in Fiesta Red with white pearloid pickguard. It's the same colour as the 50s MIM Ps if you have seen one of those.

On the whole, the bass is in pretty good condition but does have the odd nick or two that you would expect from a few years of playing. There is one quite large dent in the paintwork (as you can see from the photos) but this doesn't effect playing whatsoever. It's also where I rest my hand while playing so it's unnoticeable 90% of the time too.

It's strung with roundwound strings, either Rotosound or Fenders, not too sure. It's string-through and the strings have good action and don't sag or flop as you get with some shortscales. The sound is very powerful, similar to that a Precision but with a bit more trebble and brightness. There is clear definition in all the frets up and down the neck. I've played it several times through my Ashdown stack and it sounds just fantastic. The only reason I'm selling is that I don't need another bass and I didn't think buying through thoroughly :)

I'm offering this for the exact same price I paid - £330 for collection from Durham, North East of England or £350 with postage to anywhere in the UK. That's over £100 than a new Mustang and you are getting a bass that plays well, feels good and sounds fantastic. Any questions, offers or anything, just let me know! I'm not really looking for trades, just a clean sell.

Edited by faceman