Why become a member? ×

Anyone got a Yamaha RBX4 A2 ?

far0n

[quote name='Brave Sir Robin' post='503680' date='Jun 2 2009, 12:20 PM']aren't these discontinued? I assume you are speaking of Ed Friedland's review. If not, it is well worth a watch.[/quote]

Yep played one on PMT sounthend a few days ago. Pretty similar in tone to a jazz bass. I think they are passive basses, For the same cash i would have a mex Jazz over this, but if you like the way it looks, its great. Very light as well, but the black one looks no where near as nice as the white one. The TRB4 they had there was fantasic. The slap sound on that was just way above its price tag.

GP.

Edited by greyparrot

[quote name='Brave Sir Robin' post='503680' date='Jun 2 2009, 12:20 PM']aren't these discontinued? I assume you are speaking of Ed Friedland's review. If not, it is well worth a watch.

[/quote]

LOL, the "Bass Whisperer"...He really loved that G&L Tribute L-2500...watched a vid he just didn't put it down...longest review ever!
That and the Bongo VI. :)
Great reviewer...knows his stuff and can play!

Not too keen on those Yammies...Like the others but not those...I dunno they just don't resonate the way I like.
You can get a good sound though but...I like to have some weight reminding me I'm playing a bass. :rolleyes: