Why become a member? ×

Scratchplate and control panel parts for USA Jazz V

Born 2B Mild

I'm picking up a c.1995 USA Fender Jazz Bass Standard V ... on Saturday. It is black with a white scratchplate but for some reason that doesn't work for me. Think I'll try black if I can.

First question: Will any aftermarket Jazz scratchplate fit a 5-string USA Fender JB?

Second Question: Is it possible to buy a black control panel to replace the chrome one?

Suggestions on suppliers welcome!

Cheers.

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='515254' date='Jun 16 2009, 01:11 PM']First question: Will any aftermarket Jazz scratchplate fit a 5-string USA Fender JB?[/quote]

I think the screw holes differ in position slightly on some non-original Fender replacements, but I couldn’t tell you how they’re different.

[quote name='The Bass Doc' post='515280' date='Jun 16 2009, 01:39 PM']Allparts have black control plates - and in stock now!!

If a stock scratchplate is not available I could make one by copying your existing white version.

PM me if need a quote.[/quote]
Thanks Doc. I don't feel I have finished my search for a stock item yet. There's plenty of places that sell Jazz Bass scratchplates, but mine is the [b]5-string version[/b].

I've got the bass now and it sounds and feels bloody marvelous. So I'd like to get it looking neat too. First port of call is a black scratchplate with a white edge, just like the one in the banner at the top of your screen!

PS. I have a friend coming over from the states in a month, so I don't mind getting her to bring one over if that's a better route.

Scratchplate now ordered from [url="http://www.terrapinguitars.com/"]http://www.terrapinguitars.com/[/url] thanks to a suggestion from Warmoth.

Finding one to fit a 5-string Jazz was quite something!

Now just on the hunt for a black control plate (and some shiny chrome knobs).