Why become a member? ×

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

Guest BassKS

Guest BassKS

Hey guys.

This is a great bass that has been with me for a long time... longer than anything else, since 2002, my luthier of a friend did the job as his course assignment.
Its a nice bass with great feel, action and sound. 2 band eq volume and pan (pan is a bit crackly). Im not using it at all as I cant really play fretless and dont have time for that. Also, I have treated myself rather nicely this week and need to shift some gear. Meatballs (lovetone) and a Fender jazz in a week is too good to be true.

Now: The headstock of this bass was broken during a cheap beer and pot noodle fueled fight whereby one of my flatmates landed on my guitar rack and supported himself on the headstock....Chris from Bass Centre fixed it up for me for 80 quid and assured me that if it ever fails, it wont be at the glue joint.

100 quid would buy you a starter fretless but this would b so much more than that. And for those trying all those steve bailey and gary willis stuff, look no further.

I really wouldnt want to ship as it would defeat the purpose of a cheap starter bass. I believe in eye to eye transactions especially for deals such as this. Ive been known to go to Shropshire from London, and Canterbury to pick up basses, so you should too. I will also give you a discount if you do so in form of a cable, cashback, tea and biccies or loyalty points.

I would like cash as I need to adjust the imbalance caused by recent purchases.

Edited by BassKS

Guest BassKS

[quote name='budget bassist' post='516448' date='Jun 17 2009, 02:41 PM']£130? bargain for anyone who wants a good fretless bass![/quote]

Thanks BB. IT is a great bass and the price makes it even more so. Ive been getting messages for shipping and I do appreciate the interest but its not exactly a wall hanging example and I dont want to be in a position whereby a return has to be made and misunderstanding and all that.

If it doesnt sell, I'll slap up EMGs on it and start playing "My name is Mud". It sounded nice when I was doing it.

[quote name='BassKS' post='516471' date='Jun 17 2009, 02:59 PM']Thanks BB. IT is a great bass and the price makes it even more so. Ive been getting messages for shipping and I do appreciate the interest but its not exactly a wall hanging example and I dont want to be in a position whereby a return has to be made and misunderstanding and all that.

If it doesnt sell, I'll slap up EMGs on it and start playing "My name is Mud". It sounded nice when I was doing it.[/quote]

You did that on purpose didn't you...I mean, I'm TRYING not tolet this hurt but no, you HAD to make me imagine myself playing Primus with this bass didn't you. :)
I imagine the tone would be quite close actually.
If it was defretted I imagine it has lines no?

Edited by Kongo

Guest BassKS

London young sir.

I mean anyone willing to travel the distance Ill knock a tenner off. From Inverness, that might not be a significant fraction of the ticket but from Brighton its half the fare.

Guest BassKS

[quote name='steve-soar' post='516801' date='Jun 17 2009, 07:35 PM']There's plenty of epoxy in that join, looks well sound. Wenge sucks up a lot of epoxy.
£130 for this, is a great price.[/quote]
Thanks Steve

yeah thats what chris was saying and then i went online and found out a lot about wenge. its got to do with its internal porosity but also chris used sawdust to create a composite which, I suppose, makes it less brittle and less shiny.

Guest BassKS

[quote name='Kongo' post='516674' date='Jun 17 2009, 05:39 PM']You did that on purpose didn't you...I mean, I'm TRYING not tolet this hurt but no, you HAD to make me imagine myself playing Primus with this bass didn't you. :)
I imagine the tone would be quite close actually.
If it was defretted I imagine it has lines no?[/quote]

Hey mr KONGO, It has lines and they were filled with wood filler with a tinge of oil paint to make it a bit closer to the fretboard but still visible.
Primus rules, and I love what he does to fretless bass. him and jaco. and Patrick O'hearn. and Percy Jones. too many....

Guest BassKS

[quote name='BassJase' post='517022' date='Jun 17 2009, 11:24 PM']'Tis a lovely beast, what be the string spacing on thar bridge cap'n?

Veeeeerry interested, and i'm in North London so it'd only be a tube journey away from me' grubby mitts......[/quote]

yar capt'n,

the spacing be narrower than fender about 16mm. tis a beaut. plays really well. And Id buy a pint at the Prince Albert in Coldharbour Lane

Guest BassKS

[quote name='Kongo' post='517065' date='Jun 18 2009, 12:57 AM']+100

Got Electric Uncle Sam on right now. :)
My all time #1 influence...untouchable!

The bass is very sweet...AW MAN![/quote]

oh yes....

Guest BassKS

[quote name='BassKS' post='520221' date='Jun 21 2009, 08:04 PM']"a fair bit of interest but no takers yet" bump[/quote]

People can indeed hit me with offers, pedals, anything.... Anything that will stop me from buying more stuff and maybe sell my existing collection on.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BassKS

Humpty Bumpy with a price drop. Its a great bass and I assure you I wouldnt sell it if I didnt need the money. Im going to put up Warwick Streamer stage I for sale too.

Edited by BassKS