Why become a member? ×

FS: Apple MacBook unibody

I've had nothing but failure with this on ebay! The first time I listed it the winning bidder didn't pay, the second time I listed it ebay have just cancelled it 2 hours before it finishes due to "keyword spamming" because I put 'as new' in the title.

Here's my description from the ebay listing:

------------

Apple MacBook unibody
13.3” screen / 2.4GHz / 250GB HD / 2GB RAM in AS NEW CONDITION.

I purchased this laptop at the end of March 2009, making it just over 2 months old which means it has 10 months of warranty remaining. I’m selling it because I have no need for a laptop anymore since buying an iMac recently.

This has been a fantastic machine. I’ve used it mostly for graphic design work and it has performed flawlessly.

I have looked after this laptop carefully and always kept it in a decent laptop bag so it is in as new condition.

It comes with the original packaging and all the items that it originally came with:
Power supply.
Power supply extension cord.
Cleaning cloth.
Mac OS X Leopard install DVD.
iLife 09 software.
I will return the MacBook software to its’ original state before shipping, so that when you switch it on it will be like switching on a brand new Mac.

Once payment is received I will ship this item via TNT couriers, fully insured, within 2 working days.

FULL SPEC:
Apple MacBook 13-inch LED-backlit widescreen notebook

2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor
2GB of 1066 MHz DDR3 SDRAM
250GB 5400-rpm hard drive
13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display; 1280 by 800 pixels
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with mail memory
Built-in iSight video camera
Multi-touch trackpad
8x slot-loading SuperDrive
Two USB 2.0 ports
Mini DisplayPort
Optical digitalaudio/analog audioinput and output ports; build-in stereo speakers
Built-in 10/100/1000BASE-T ethernet
Built-in airport extreme wireless networking(802.11)*3 and bluetooth 2.1+EDR
Backlit keyboard and ambient light sensor

---------

Here's some pics. I listed it 'as new' on ebay because it really is in as new condition. Not a mark on it.

£750 Delivered - with payment by bank transfer or cheque.
£770 Delivered - with payment by Paypal (that's with 3% added to cover the fees)

Edited by thumbo

[quote name='BassBalls' post='524943' date='Jun 26 2009, 02:40 PM']Hi, does this one have the new longer lasting batteries? Does it also have an output so it can be connected to a projector or an external screen?

Cheers.[/quote]
My mate just bought one of these and that's a yes to your second question.

Ah! Sorry I missed all these questions! I've just sold this on ebay.

Just in case any of you are still in the market for one of these, this is one of the last generation of Mac Unibody laptops. These don't have the extended battery life but they are still pretty good going on it, I believe the newer ones hold approx. 7 hours battery life and the old ones (this one) hold about 5.

That's right Pete, no firewire. Apple f'cked up there. They didn't put Firewire on this series of MacBook unibody laptops. (but they did on the Macbook Pros)

Bassballs - Apple use what they call a 'Mini Display Port' on their laptops now. You can get all kinds of adapters to suit the screen you need. I used this laptop with a Mini Display Port to DVI adapter > DVI to HDMI cable (they don't currently make Display to HDMI adapters) with a 32" Samsung LCD TV at home, it looked awesome!

• 3 weeks later...

if anyone is still looking, i may have a Macbook white 2009 model for sale. May not have the unibody but does have the firewire port :). Great computer, but i want to start playin bass again, and i already own an imac so this is up for the chop. pm me if interested!

Edited by Kev