Why become a member? ×

Epiphone 1958 Goth Explorer F/S

hi all - selling this on behalf of the singer/guitarist in the band - have it on the bay presently, but willing to sell for the start price to a fellow 'chatter or pull it if anyone here wants it. cba to type it all out again, so here's the 'bay blurb!

[i]'Epiphone Goth 1958 Explorer. I'm selling on behalf of a friend. Here's wee bit of blurb.-;
it has Alnico Classic Humbuckers, mahogany set neck and body. The pickups sound really hot. Some EMG style pickup covers have been added at some point (just like Jaimz!).
It's obviously been a player, but is in pretty good nick. I've tried to picture the bits that aren't so good. It has 1 ding on the back of the lower horn which can't be seen when playing, some buckle rash, and a wee bit of wear on the bridge (from palm muting I’d guess!). There are of course some shiny patches in the finish which are unavoidable with satin paint, but that's how it would look in a fortnight if you bought it new anyway!
It comes with an explorer hardcase which is in pretty good nick besides 1 slightly dodgy latch.
All in, it plays really well, with a nice hot, full distorted sound, perfect for metal and rock. Get on the volume control and it cleans up nicely too!'[/i]

looking for £190 + £15 shipping shipping is a guestimate - it's pretty heavy in the large case, but i'll charge whatever it costs. obviously pickup is free, or i'll delivery in glasgow for a coffee (2 sugars, milk) :)

pm me if ya fancy it!

might trade for EMG ZW set or SD Blackouts - both with a few quid on top, depending on condition of course!

Edited by eightball