Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky Purchase

phsycoandy

Guys, the good lady has said I can have a new bass for our 25th wedding anniversary when we go to NYC in October, Im in love with Sadowskys, I have an RV4, those Will Lee models look fab and I love a narrow neck. I reckon i have 1 afternoon of our 4 day visit to nail a new bass, where should I go, straight to Roger or try some used Sadowskys somewhere, would love an NYC, but new theyre a bit out of my bracket. HELP. and how do I get it home?

Hey mate, firstly you take a cheap bass out to the US in a hard case and you leave it there, you bring your NYC back in the case. Secondly, get in touch with Roger and see what stock he has in at present, both new and used. If there's nothing there that does it for you, get in touch with the dealers in he city and see what they've got in. Might also be worth checking ebay.com a couple of weeks ahead of your visit, although that's a long shot. As iopposed to Metros, most NYCs will need to be ordered well in advance whilst they keep a stock of Metros (check out the website). Note also that most guys on here rate Metros as highly as NYCs.
Enjoy your trip
Chris

If i had just one day i would be nervous...could i fit it into one day?????..Like B said, give Roger a call, see what hes got, i know hes got a wonderfull second hand NYC 5 string with a quilted maple top...I would also go to Rudy's Music Stop for sure!!!!!!!!!...They have got great basses coming out of there ears...You may like Rudy's 'Pensa' basses..they are unknown but amazing...Also i would go to the 'New York Bass Works' they make basses that are very special i believe...They look a bit like Surine basses...

Metros are as good as NYC's, they just dont have the fancy tops...

For something different check these out...I would love to try these instruments

[url="http://www.newyorkbassworks.com/home.htm"]http://www.newyorkbassworks.com/home.htm[/url]

You know Roger is your man though..

Edited by bubinga5

Sadowsky will also email you a PDF stock list with latest prices I think :)

I've thought many times about bringing a bass back but never got round to it because I thought it might be too much hassle.

I have two different heads back though, A Euphonic & a Genz-Benz. At the time both were way cheaper in the USA than over here & both fit into nice little custom gig bags & have switchable power supplies :rolleyes:

[quote name='Beedster' post='532054' date='Jul 3 2009, 09:34 PM']Hey mate, firstly you take a cheap bass out to the US in a hard case and you leave it there, you bring your NYC back in the case.[/quote]

Before you get involved in any complex plans like that I'd give Kevin a call about international shipping.

[quote name='Toasted' post='532581' date='Jul 4 2009, 07:21 PM']Before you get involved in any complex plans like that I'd give Kevin a call about international shipping.[/quote]
I did that and said i would whip the neck off and stick it in my suitcase and try to avoid import taxes, he said not to worry and he would discuss it with me when I got there! not sure what he has in mind?

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='532611' date='Jul 4 2009, 08:10 PM']I did that and said i would whip the neck off and stick it in my suitcase and try to avoid import taxes, he said not to worry and he would discuss it with me when I got there! not sure what he has in mind?[/quote]

Remember that in the event of any sort of cock-up, couriers will only pay out on the declared value of the item. That means that if you ask a US dealer to mark down a $2500 bass to $500 to keep the import duty down, you run the risk of losing a considerable amount of cash if the bass gets damaged or stolen.

Edited by Beedster