Why become a member? ×

1995 GB Standard IV Proto No:001 by Bernie Goodfellow

bassicinstinct

This is currently a [b]FEELER ONLY [/b] as I would dearly love to hang on to this bass but I can see no other way of obtaining a nice 5 string (pref Fender/Warwick/Spector?) at present, and I need to do that reasonably quickly for an ongoing project I am involved with.

I'd just like to see what is out there which may or may not be suitable.

The GB would come with a cheap but serviceable hardcase and I would need the 5 string to have a case also.

I would have no problem in taking a 5 string of [b]slightly[/b] lesser monetary value with a cash adjustment in my direction :rolleyes:

Please PM me if you have anything of interest which you may want to part with. Naturally, I reserve the right to withdraw this at a second's notice if and when I come to my senses and realise the error of my ways!! :lol: :)

No straight sales, sorry.

Please see below for further details:

[b]For Possible Trade: 1995 Goodfellow GBIV Standard Prototype Serial No: 001!!![/b]

A unique opportunity to own a piece of British Bass History!!

Bernie Goodfellow GBIV Standard Prototype Serial No: 001: Built 25 November 1995.

Initialled and dated by [b]Bernie J Goodfellow [/b](B.J.G) at neck joint. (See pics for inscription etc)

[b]Features:

Maple neck and fret board
Spalted (or is it quilted? - not sure, but please see pics) maple
EMG Soap Bars Pick Ups
Black Input Jack Assembly
Black BadAss II Bridge
Black Schaller Tuners
Black Schaller Drop D Tuner.
9 Volt Electronics[/b]

[attachment=28439:GBIV1.jpg]

[attachment=28440:GBIV_2.JPG]

[attachment=28441:GBIV_3.JPG]

[attachment=28442:GBIV_Inscription.JPG]

The bass has been regularly gigged over the course of it’s busy life and hence there are the usual dings you would expect on a “working” instrument, but nothing major and certainly nothing effecting the playability of the instrument.

The black finish on the BadAss II is wearing off on the top corner where the “heel” of the right hand rests when playing/muting and there is also a blemish on the headstock which is about the size of the nail on my little finger.
There is also some superficial indentation/crazing at the join of the body and neck where I think someone may have made a poor job of an attempt at tweaking the truss rod

Other than that, there is just the odd chip etc on the top and bottom edges of the body and the obligatory slight “buckle rash”on the back.

The bass has just been professionally set up and serviced and is fitted with Stadium Elites 40/60/60/100.

Edited by bassicinstinct

[quote name='bassicinstinct' post='534865' date='Jul 7 2009, 04:23 PM']This is currently a [b]FEELER ONLY [/b] as I would dearly love to hang on to this bass but I can see no other way of obtaining a nice 5 string (pref Fender/Warwick/Spector?) at present, and I need to do that reasonably quickly for an ongoing project I am involved with.

I'd just like to see what is out there which may or may not be suitable.

The GB would come with a cheap but serviceable hardcase and I would need the 5 string to have a case also.

I would have no problem in taking a 5 string of [b]slightly[/b] lesser monetary value with a cash adjustment in my direction :rolleyes:

Please PM me if you have anything of interest which you may want to part with. Naturally, I reserve the right to withdraw this at a second's notice if and when I come to my senses and realise the error of my ways!! :lol: :)

No straight sales, sorry.

Please see below for further details:

[b]For Possible Trade: 1995 Goodfellow GBIV Standard Prototype Serial No: 001!!![/b]

A unique opportunity to own a piece of British Bass History!!

Bernie Goodfellow GBIV Standard Prototype Serial No: 001: Built 25 November 1995.

Initialled and dated by [b]Bernie J Goodfellow [/b](B.J.G) at neck joint. (See pics for inscription etc)

[b]Features:

Maple neck and fret board
Spalted maple
EMG Soap Bars Pick Ups
Black Input Jack Assembly
Black BadAss II Bridge
Black Schaller Tuners
Black Schaller Drop D Tuner.
9 Volt Electronics[/b]

[attachment=28439:GBIV1.jpg]

[attachment=28440:GBIV_2.JPG]

[attachment=28441:GBIV_3.JPG]

[attachment=28442:GBIV_Inscription.JPG]

The bass has been regularly gigged over the course of it’s busy life and hence there are the usual dings you would expect on a “working” instrument, but nothing major and certainly nothing effecting the playability of the instrument.

The black finish on the BadAss II is wearing off on the top corner where the “heel” of the right hand rests when playing/muting and there is also a blemish on the headstock which is about the size of the nail on my little finger.
There is also some superficial indentation/crazing at the join of the body and neck where I think someone may have made a poor job of an attempt at tweaking the truss rod

Other than that, there is just the odd chip etc on the top and bottom edges of the body and the obligatory slight “buckle rash”on the back.

The bass has just been professionally set up and serviced and is fitted with Stadium Elites 40/60/60/100.[/quote]

Hi, would you be interested in a 5 string status S1?

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='535367' date='Jul 8 2009, 08:06 AM']Nice bass. Surely that is quilted maple rather then spalted though? :)[/quote]

You may well be right sir.

I took "spalted" straight from the sales particulars when I bought it.

I shall edit and make that clear on my original post. :lol:

You're not going to make me an offer I can't refuse then? :rolleyes:

[quote name='bassicinstinct' post='535369' date='Jul 8 2009, 08:15 AM']You may well be right sir.

I took "spalted" straight from the sales particulars when I bought it.

I shall edit and make that clear on my original post. :lol:

You're not going to make me an offer I can't refuse then? :)[/quote]

Tempted (though I don't know the weight, I'd better it was 9.5lb+ which would be a factor for me) but then again I've had my eye on a few things of late but timing on anything else isn't great for me at the minute! :D

Good luck. :rolleyes:

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='535375' date='Jul 8 2009, 08:22 AM']Tempted (though I don't know the weight, I'd better it was 9.5lb+ which would be a factor for me) but then again I've had my eye on a few things of late but timing on anything else isn't great for me at the minute! :lol:

Good luck. :)[/quote]

Cheers mate.

I did do the usual "leap on the bathroom scales" job yesterday and it does indeed seem to weigh in at between 9 and 10 lbs, so no lightweight I'm afraid.

On the other hand, my daughter is a Chiropractor. :D :rolleyes:

[quote name='bassicinstinct' post='536690' date='Jul 9 2009, 06:50 PM']Done and dusted!!

A pleasure to do business with you Chris. :)

Enjoy the GB - I know I'm going to love the Status - once I get my poor old brain around it!! :D :rolleyes: :lol:[/quote]

And you Neil, I'm going to enjoy playing this thing, it has style & more importantly the right number of strings! let me know how you get on with the status.
Cheers.