Why become a member? ×

Nordstrands into J-Retro

Beedster

To move this along a bit, I'm aware that the grey and black would both go to ground in a normal setup (passive) but I'm a little confused as to where exactly they go on an East. As far as I can tell the grey should connect to the bridge and to the sleeve of the jack whilst the black goes to the ground on the preamp. Anyone done this before?

From the nordstrand site, "All single coils and split coils - the black wire is ground and the white wire is hot. The gray wire also goes to ground unless a buffered input preamp is used like an Audere or an East, in which case the black wire goes into the preamp common and the gray wire goes to ground." So youre right.

Edited by Spartacus

[quote name='Spartacus' post='535414' date='Jul 8 2009, 09:14 AM']From the nordstrand site, "All single coils and split coils - the black wire is ground and the white wire is hot. The gray wire also goes to ground unless a buffered input preamp is used like an Audere or an East, in which case the black wire goes into the preamp common and the gray wire goes to ground." So youre right.[/quote]

Cheers Spartacus (there's a thread on here somewhere in which quite a few BCers claim that they're also Spartacus). I'm assuming that the 'preamp common' is where the black wires would go when connecting a normal J-PUP to a J-Retro?

Just realised I'm being a bit daft by looking at the Nordstrand site when I'm sure John has the required info on his, so I'll take a look there

Cheers

Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='535418' date='Jul 8 2009, 09:20 AM']Cheers Spartacus (there's a thread on here somewhere in which quite a few BCers claim that they're also Spartacus).[/quote]

Accept no subsitutes :)

[quote]I'm assuming that the 'preamp common' is where the black wires would go when connecting a normal J-PUP to a J-Retro?[/quote]

Yeh Chris, the black wires are pickup grounds and go to the normal pickup connections, and the greys I think are the shields and go to the ground conection on the jack.